Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
bretth
Looks awesome. Are those 16 inch rims? The wheel/tire size look perfect.
mtn flyr
Wow! What a journey, that looks great!
Cairo94507
Thanks so much. The rims are factory Fuchs deep sixes. Refinished by Harvey Weidman and they look perfect as you would expect. I love the look and once all is said and done, I will shop for a set of Gas Burners as I really like those on the 914. That way I can change the look every once in a while. beerchug.gif
flyer86d
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 20 2020, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 20 2020, 11:39 AM) *

It is sitting low in the rear so we need to raise it so the rear is about 1/4" higher than the front and I think that will be good. Of course the rockers, valances, and engine lid needs to be fitted still.
Click to view attachment

Looks great!! smilie_pokal.gif

Wow! It looks great!

Charlie
flyer86d
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 20 2020, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks so much. The rims are factory Fuchs deep sixes. Refinished by Harvey Weidman and they look perfect as you would expect. I love the look and once all is said and done, I will shop for a set of Gas Burners as I really like those on the 914. That way I can change the look every once in a while. beerchug.gif

What size tires on the deep sixes?

Charlie
Krieger
Beautiful!
Cairo94507
195x55x15.
Luke M
Michael,

It's the red arrow hose. Goes from fill neck to top of crank case breather housing.
Looks to be two hoses.

Thanks
914_7T3
That is so awesome and what a journey to get there! Enjoy every minute of it....... driving.gif
Cairo94507
OK- some additional photos- now the valances are in place. I love how the exhaust pipe exits the port hole. Ben nailed it. Also, and this is a big one, I really like the front valance modification Kent did. That in conjunction with the 5 black rubber plugs we left out of the front panel should provide sufficient air for the oil cooler and see the engine oil nice and cool. The fitment is excellent and I just love it. Jim and Kent did a great job here.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Michael - That shot of the engine compartment: Red and Green, reminds me of Christmas and what a great gift it'll be for you to get your /6 home after that amazing journey!

So f-ing cool! Can't wait to see it in person. wub.gif wub.gif

Kent and Jim should start a show on the MotorTrend channel. I'd sure watch that one!
aturboman
Michael that NOS nose panel looks so much better on your car than when it was hanging in my garage for years.

I can't think of a more fitting final home for it; the results are really excellent.

Congratulations.
Cairo94507
aturboman- Thank you so much. I was quite thankful that you offered up that rare part for my car. We are doing all we can to honor the parts we collected along the way to make this all happen. beerchug.gif
billh1963
Awesome! I am so excited for you driving.gif
Luke M
piratenanner.gif driving.gif
rgalla9146
Beautiful. That 3.2 looks right at home.
This Irisnman loves that green.
What an effort. Great job.
Now enjoy it.
Michael N
Wow the car is so close. Nice to see the restoration coming to an end. I know you will enjoy driving this and can’t wait to see it in person. piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
flyer86d
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 21 2020, 04:25 PM) *

Beautiful. That 3.2 looks right at home.
This Irisnman loves that green.
What an effort. Great job.
Now enjoy it.

Fred’s six. Always my favorite.

Charlie
bbrock
Hot Diggity Dog! What can be said? A crown jewel at the end of a long, Looonng, road. Congratulations to you and your amazingly talented team! beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thank you guys- we are not at the finish line yet. Close, really close, but not quite. But it is Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob that deserve the credit. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 21 2020, 03:01 PM) *

Thank you guys- we are not at the finish line yet. Close, really close, but not quite. But it is Jim, Kent, Andy and Bob that deserve the credit. beerchug.gif

True, but it takes patrons to support genius creation. I'm going with:

They are the da Vinci to your Medici
porschetub
Stunning results ,looks better than new well done Michael and your helpers. smilie_pokal.gif .
Cairo94507
Way, way to kind. beerchug.gif
r_towle
Wait, you still own this car?
eric9144
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 21 2020, 08:03 PM) *

Wait, you still own this car?

agree.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif
Steve
smilie_pokal.gif Wow!! Awesome build!! You'll love the 3.2. I miss the sound of the webers, but I don't miss the hassle!!
JeffBowlsby
Michael, you used a phillips screw on the rear valence? Sacrilege! How can you sleep at night?

wink.gif No worries, the car is stunning... driving.gif soon I hope for you...
Cairo94507
Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone. beerchug.gif
banananose914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 4 2020, 05:38 PM) *

Michael, you used a phillips screw on the rear valence? Sacrilege! How can you sleep at night?

wink.gif No worries, the car is stunning... driving.gif soon I hope for you...

The manual shows self tapping bolts on one page and sheet metal screws on the next page. Both of my sixes had/have phillips head sheet metal screws attaching the rear panel. There may be a deviation though.
Coondog
Beautiful car, it’s been a long journey. Hopefully we can all meet up at the WCR.
Congrats
horizontally-opposed
The car is looking fabulous—kudos to all involved!

beerchug.gif
gandalf_025
Wasn’t this car going to be Gold Metallic ??

poke.gif .
Cairo94507
That's the plan Greg. Hopefully my car cooperates. We are having a surging idle issue and higher than we want C02 levels. They are trying to resolve that and that really gets it to it's final polish and couple of little install issues. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Bob, I think this is the part Clay is talking about - 93010728900

it's #7 on the illustration

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1323551
Cairo94507
@sixnotfour - Thanks for that link. I have forwarded that to Jeff at Aase Motors. That sure sounds like the problem we are experiencing. beerchug.gif Michael
Luke M
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 6 2020, 09:57 AM) *

Bob, I think this is the part Clay is talking about - 93010728900

it's #7 on the illustration

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1323551

Sorry to high jack this.
I didn't want to bump an old thread. Does anyone know if the restriction is needed for a 3.2 PMO EFI install ?
Larmo63
Last time I saw this car in the flesh was at Kent's body shop. It had just been internally painted and was on a rotisserie.

Can't wait to see it all dressed up!!
Cairo94507
Hi Lawrence - Thanks. I look forward to having it on the streets. I am hoping we can make WCR, assuming that event happens. Cheers, Michael
eric9144
So close!! beerchug.gif driving.gif
Cairo94507
@sixnotfour That was not the issue. They had that part installed. But while playing with the wiring harness they found a couple minor issues and they now have the engine running correctly and the C02 is at 2.5. So the plan is to drive it and see how it runs. They tell me it runs great. We just sent the speedo back to Palo Alto Speedo as we think it may have a short in it. Also sent them the converter and the tire size and they believe they can sort and calibrate it to be spot on. It was reading about 10-12 MPH low and was occasionally hitting 140 MPH when the car was parked. Hopefully that is an easy fix. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
agree.gif I knew it looked fast sitting still but I had no idea it tracked itself on its own speedo! laugh.gif
sixnotfour
driving.gif beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Speedo should be at Palo Alto Speedo either this afternoon or tomorrow am. Hopefully they turn it around quick- I am sure they will. Hartmut has been great to work with. I am getting an itchy right foot. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Can it go on maiden drive before you take it up to NorCal? idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...59&hl=rally

Oscar
Cairo94507
Hi Oscar - I don't know. I will be coming down with my cousin in his Ram with his trailer. I will also have my brother with me. I don't want to hang my cousin up; I will see what he says when the time is right. I will have to drive it before we load it on the trailer or I would probably explode with excitement as we trailer it home. beerchug.gif
billh1963
Any updates?
Cairo94507
Hi Bill - Yeah, like everything else, we got delayed due to CV-19. I am hoping within the next week or so they will be able to get back on this. I really want to get this home and start driving it. My wife is starting to think I sold this car years ago and have lost my mind. I told her just because I lost my mind does not mean I sold my Six. beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 9 2020, 11:11 AM) *

Hi Bill - Yeah, like everything else, we got delayed due to CV-19.

I figured as much. So many things were delayed or cancelled it's hard to keep up with is all.
Blue6
Michael, hope you’re still monitoring this thread. Don’t give up / never surrender... stopped in yesterday to find this. Pic 1: Kent says he’s doing the final buff, but I think he’s praying your wife will be happy with her new car. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.