Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Chris H.
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 18 2018, 06:04 PM) *

Everyday I look to see what color it will be..

Yeah you open the thread and just HOPE for something special...reminds me of a movie...

Click to view attachment

mepstein
I’ve known for a couple years. Sworn to secrecy. shades.gif
76-914
I like the pic of it in black! But then again I would say that. biggrin.gif
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 18 2018, 03:43 PM) *

I’ve known for a couple years. Sworn to secrecy. shades.gif

I knew at one time as Michael told me but I forget..
Blue6
I also know, or I used to. I’m old and probably forgot. Even if I remembered, I wouldnt say. Despite what Scotty says, Michael is a nice guy. He’s been through a lot and deserves the great unveil...Very soooooon...
Cairo94507
Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. Though I may occasionally slip and make a negative comment, I try to keep it positive but still let others know to beware. Given the situation sheeplove.gif I have had to deal with, I hope I am forgiven for occasionally getting upset.

I have easily over 100 photos of my car as it was when I picked it up at Scott's, before Kent did a thing to it except put it on a rotisserie. As everyone now knows, I have been trying to get some kind of refund from Scott and consequently have been reluctant to show all of the damage to my chassis as I try to resolve that situation. However, as it seems that train has likely left the station, I may end up posting those pictures so all can see how bad the work actually was.

I would have rather posted those comments and ultimately the pictures I have in the other thread I started that was locked in short order, but that is now not possible. I understand why the thread was locked, but I have seen threads where others have complained about other vendors non-stop and those threads do not get locked. I understand the responses to my comments were out there and frankly unprofessional, but I hoped they would address that person directly and not foreclose my ability to air this issue and alert others to the practices I suffered. BTW, I thought the rapid replies were proof in and of themselves that there were issues. beerchug.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 18 2018, 08:47 PM) *

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. Though I may occasionally slip and make a negative comment, I try to keep it positive but still let others know to beware. Given the situation sheeplove.gif I have had to deal with, I hope I am forgiven for occasionally getting upset.

I have easily over 100 photos of my car as it was when I picked it up at Scott's, before Kent did a thing to it except put it on a rotisserie. As everyone now knows, I have been trying to get some kind of refund from Scott and consequently have been reluctant to show all of the damage to my chassis as I try to resolve that situation. However, as it seems that train has likely left the station, I may end up posting those pictures so all can see how bad the work actually was.

I would have rather posted those comments and ultimately the pictures I have in the other thread I started that was locked in short order, but that is now not possible. I understand why the thread was locked, but I have seen threads where others have complained about other vendors non-stop and those threads do not get locked. I understand the responses to my comments were out there and frankly unprofessional, but I hoped they would address that person directly and not foreclose my ability to air this issue and alert others to the practices I suffered. BTW, I thought the rapid replies were proof in and of themselves that there were issues. beerchug.gif

Have read it all, please let it go. Don't let it get you down, move on. I think you believe you are trying to warn others, which sounds noble, but it is not coming across that way, unfortunately. Others have said it, it is not your job to save the world, no matter how well meaning you are. Let it go. You have the car where it will ultimately be what you wanted. Enjoy and I hope to see it and meet you one day. It is a lot more fun to watch everyone tease you about the color. lol-2.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

porschetub
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 19 2018, 01:09 AM) *

So Scott has now commented on my Dorkiphus thread, https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=38913
and accused me of libel, slander and defamation..... By the way, the truth is an absolute defense to all 3.

Oh dear,I could see this was going to happen,not interested as it should really not be on here,keep it within yourselves guys,have issues with the PO on my car but lifes too short and can't be bothered viewing it.
porschetub
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Jul 19 2018, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 18 2018, 08:47 PM) *

Have read it all, please let it go. Don't let it get you down, move on. I think you believe you are trying to warn others, which sounds noble, but it is not coming across that way, unfortunately. Others have said it, it is not your job to save the world, no matter how well meaning you are. Let it go. You have the car where it will ultimately be what you wanted. Enjoy and I hope to see it and meet you one day. It is a lot more fun to watch everyone tease you about the color. lol-2.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Well done Jim ,golden reply lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
Get the car finished and enjoy it!

Your car's progression has been glorious to watch. I hope the time, efforts, and cost will have been worth it in the end.
Cairo94507
Sorry all, I guess I slipped again. I have now sent Scott the photos he requested and will await his reply. If he and I are able to resolve this issue I will post that to close this out once and for all.

I think I am done posting about it on forums. I am very thankful I am able to move passed that and keep the restoration/build moving along. beerchug.gif
Working the low areas out on the engine lid.
Cairo94507
Great work Kent. This is one straight Six and will look terrific in color. beerchug.gif
billh1963
At this point it's probably better than the original factory body in white first.gif

Time for paint!!!!!!!! idea.gif
Cairo94507
I would absolutely agree with that Bill. beerchug.gif
siverson
> At this point it's probably better than the original factory body in white

Yes I think it definitely is.

-Steve
ValcoOscar
Stunning....

wow...that was quick.

One year anniversary (@ Kent's)

Time for a party....soon chowtime.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
That is right. Kent has had my car for 1 year as of July 26th, I think. Given all of the work he has done, I am beyond impressed with Kent's ability to turn this chassis completely around and make it a solid, straight, ready-for-paint chassis that I love looking at. I can not find one spot that I believe needs work now. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
db9146
Wow......looking great Michael and Kent!

Okay, all at once now....

"paint, paint, paint, paint, paint" piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
I know, but all good things come to those who wait.... I have waited patiently (mostly) and would never put a rush or pressure on Kent. Frankly, he has whipped my car into shape faster than I thought humanly possible. Soon enough, when the planets align, it will be in color. beerchug.gif
Blue6
Michael,
Isn’t Kalifinoria a golden state? idea.gif
Cairo94507
That was 30 years ago. CA is no longer that state sadly. lol-2.gif
Blocking the underside of the deck lid.
tygaboy
Really, Kent... Now you're just showing off. laugh.gif

Much as I love watching the process, I'll happily admit that I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for taking us on this journey.
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(914350 @ Aug 3 2018, 11:12 AM) *

Blocking the underside of the deck lid.

And this is why Kent has painted two 914's for me and get referals. Amazing work!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Dear Cairo, Buy your wife a diamond ring or something worthy and paint it GOLD!!! happy11.gif it's not too late...
Cairo94507
Hi Andy- Trust me, the last thing she needs are more diamonds. I am not a fan of gold either as sad as it is to say. Kent has the paint sitting and waiting to shoot.
sixnotfour
it will shine bright like a diamond , no matter...color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWA2pjMjpBs
Hey thanks guys, appreciate the nice comments.
We're getting close. biggrin.gif
rangrbob
Click to view attachment

Psych! w00t.gif

What ever color you did choose, it's going to look fantastic!
QUOTE(rangrbob @ Aug 3 2018, 04:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Psych! w00t.gif

What ever color you did choose, it's going to look fantastic!

Beautiful color. Very nice.
Hood.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 2 2018, 06:50 AM) *

That was 30 years ago. CA is no longer that state sadly. lol-2.gif

It went Green smoke.gif smoke.gif
Cairo94507
Damn, I love that color. That is a great looking 914. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
The engine is now ready to slip into the car. Thanks go to Aase (Allen) and Jim for getting this wrapped up and ready to go. The only change will be the replacement of the K&N air element with the NOS air-box I have.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
WOWSER! Timeline for squirting the chassis?
ValcoOscar
Gorgeous engine...in the meantime I'd throw a glass top on it and place in my living room.
Then drink a beer beer3.gif and stare at it....have enough beers it may start!!! av-943.gif

Love this thread...learning a lot

Oscar
Steve
That air flow meter is going to hit the engine lid release. I had to extend my air flow meter and move it over 45 degrees.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 10 2018, 09:41 AM) *

The engine is now ready to slip into the car. Thanks go to Aase (Allen) and Jim for getting this wrapped up and ready to go. The only change will be the replacement of the K&N air element with the NOS air-box I have.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks great. Like everyone else, I went to flaps and bought the $10 adapter tube to use my stock airbox. Made a little bracket to hold it in the altered location. I leave the snorkel off, it just twists off
raynekat
MB911's heat exchangers are looking good on that engine!
Should be a very fun car to drive and enjoy.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 10 2018, 09:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 10 2018, 09:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks great. Like everyone else, I went to flaps and bought the $10 adapter tube to use my stock airbox. Made a little bracket to hold it in the altered location. I leave the snorkel off, it just twists off

Cairo94507
I appreciate the comments. I am pretty excited to have that part almost wrapped up. I have no issues with the K&N filter, except I kind of believe it would just be a bit louder than the factory airbox. At my age, I really do not want it to be any louder behind my head than necessary. That's why I sourced a NOS airbox.

As for the car getting painted, I leave all that to Kent. He does not need any prodding when it comes to getting my car done. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks for the tip re the MAF hitting the engine lid release. I know we had to move that on my other 914-6 that had a 3.0 with CIS. I do not know if the stock 3.2 airbox will create issues with the engine lid latch or not. Anyone know?
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 10 2018, 01:08 PM) *

Thanks for the tip re the MAF hitting the engine lid release. I know we had to move that on my other 914-6 that had a 3.0 with CIS. I do not know if the stock 3.2 airbox will create issues with the engine lid latch or not. Anyone know?

It does
Cairo94507
Well we can deal with that once the engine is installed. We can test fit the lid and see what we have to do.
bbrock
This thread is like playing with a Jack-In-The-Box. Clicking on it is like turning the handle and wondering if the colorful clown is going to pop up. chowtime.gif

Love that engine though drooley.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 10 2018, 01:58 PM) *

Well we can deal with that once the engine is installed. We can test fit the lid and see what we have to do.

Like I said, it’s easy. I did mine myself in an hour and it looks pretty good.
Cairo94507
Cool. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 10 2018, 03:23 PM) *

This thread is like playing with a Jack-In-The-Box. Clicking on it is like turning the handle and wondering if the colorful clown is going to pop up. chowtime.gif

Love that engine though drooley.gif

Probably why Scotty doesn’t post here. My understanding from Sandbox posts is that he is afraid of clowns... confused24.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Cairo94507
So I believe this is wrapping up the body work on the car. There were a bunch of lite pick hammer strikes on the underside of the hood that are now fixed. The hood fits great.

Click to view attachment
simonjb
Fantastic !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.