Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Cairo94507
Close- it appears that car is copper originally. But it shows you were looking and I appreciate that. beerchug.gif
Blue6
What the heck? I haven’t seen the green hornet driving around the neighborhood yet. Did Kent retire? icon_bump.gif popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
No worries - it will be in color soon enough. beer3.gif
bbrock
How can you be so calm? I'm hungry for the main course! chowtime.gif
Cairo94507
I know. I have been waiting a long long time for this phase to wrap up. But from the day Kent got my Six, just over 13 months ago, he has been all over it. It was not on him that it took 61 months for the car to get to him - that was my fault. I have never pressured Kent to get this done by a certain date. This phase of the build is the critical foundation to make the car what I want. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Nice Michael! Love that green! And the detail in the engine transmission build! Wow! My car is nice, but I’d be honored if you’d let me park next to that car at a meet! wub.gif
Cairo94507
I appreciate that a lot. But we are still quite a ways off from me driving it for sure. beerchug.gif
worn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 8 2018, 06:17 PM) *

I appreciate that a lot. But we are still quite a ways off from me driving it for sure. beerchug.gif

I am sorry Sir, but driving that vehicle shall not be allowed on the grounds that a fly spec of dirt might blemish the perfection. Perhaps it would be better Sir to just hand me the keys when it is finished. Please don’t mention it, it will be my pleasure.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 8 2018, 08:38 AM) *

Nice Michael! Love that green! And the detail in the engine transmission build! Wow! My car is nice, but I’d be honored if you’d let me park next to that car at a meet! wub.gif

you funny...
seanery
I read this whole thread yesterday afternoon, Kent, your work is first rate and your attention to detail is impressive!

Cairo, way to keep with it! You found the right guy for the job! The only thing I can think is that the gold color is pretty badass. Those 70s colors are making a comeback. My next project may just have to be painted that gold. I think it would look amazing on a flared car!

Can't wait to see you driving your car!
Cairo94507
Thanks for taking the time to check out the whole thread. I had to break it into Part 1 and Part 2 to have it make sense. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Couple of more photos as the pre-paint, nitty-gritty is wrapping up:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Prep is 98%
IronHillRestorations
I call those fine details "dirty fingernails". Awesome work here
Cairo94507
More dirty work.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I know everyone wants to see the car with color on it but you can't rush expert workmanship. But the car is back on the rotisserie and that means it is now really close to seeing color.

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
Stop the teasin and start the pleasin.. chowtime.gif

Getting exited to see the whole car in color.
mb911
Thats great news..

It will look great in your garage with your new wall art.

On another note kent several people have asked me about making your spare tire mount.. Rather then reinventing it would you be willing to share any sketches?
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 18 2018, 02:51 PM) *

Thats great news..

It will look great in your garage with your new wall art.

On another note kent several people have asked me about making your spare tire mount.. Rather then reinventing it would you be willing to share any sketches?

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a pattern.
Cairo94507
That is the kind of man Kent is. He is always looking out for us. Of course Ben is making parts we all love and need. I have had more compliments on my SS (Ben's) heat exchangers and muffler and it is not even in the car yet. beerchug.gif
mb911
Pm sent.

Thanks Everyone.
Cairo94507
A little more work being done now that the car is back on the rotisserie. Kent made a pull on the bottom of the long to straighten it out where it was apparently jacked up at one point, possibly decades ago. Also he bored a hole in the end of the long to stick a borescope in their to see if there was any lingering sand in there and then blew it clean and it is ready for frame coating to be sprayed in there to keep it all nice.

Then on the bottom he welded on one of two reinforcement straps.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Pretty sure this has been covered, but, what are yu using for cavity wax or rust prevention?

Thanks for the updates!
Cairo94507
You see a hole and then you don't!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
I thought I saw mig welded brake line bracket ??
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 6 2018, 04:03 AM) *

I thought I saw mig welded brake line bracket ??

It was then looks like Kent repaired that..
Cairo94507
I am not sure what kind of weld was on that bracket, or even why it was welded like that, but it looked funky and Kent corrected it.

My brother and I are planning to head down to see Kent, Jim and Andy at the end of the month. Can't wait to see my Six and just catch up with them. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Some of the brackets have funky welds from the factory
Cairo94507
Here is my rear bumper, all nicely straightened and-chromed by ValcoOscar. Thank you ValcoOscar-you are the man. beerchug.gif
mb911
Looks great..
billh1963
Any new updates?
Cairo94507
Not yet. But I believe we may be seeing something by the end of the month when I am next down in LA to see The Justice League.
Mike and his brother Bob came down today, after the Cone Zone we all headed over to my shop to see his car. I was holding off from posting pics till he saw the car so here's the latest.
More pics.
More.
rangrbob
QUOTE(914350 @ Nov 3 2018, 05:00 PM) *

More.

piratenanner.gif

Finally! You must be stoked.
More pics.
More.
More.
TravisNeff
Finally! wow! popcorn[1].gif smilie_pokal.gif
flyer86d
It’s beautiful! Great color!

Charlie
Valy
Wow!
Green it the new gold.
elmonte
Outstanding!!
sb914
Green with envy! Nice color. Won't be long now.
Maltese Falcon
Looking SO good now !
raynekat
Winner, winner.....chicken dinner!

driving.gif first.gif cheer.gif
wndsnd
Nice!!!!!

piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
There are lots of interesting things going on over at Kent's shop. Michael's car is finally in good (great) hands.

Thanks to Kent for the shop tour today. Between Kent, Andy, Bob, and Jim, these guys know how to turn out a pretty fine 914-6 build.

The boys looking at the magnificence of Irish Green out in the sunshine:

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Finally! You must be stoked.

Id be "soaked"..cause I peed myself....awesome... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.