Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right place - Wrong time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
On Sunday afternoon I went out to the Speedway to watch the Ferrari club run the small inside road course. (photos will follow later in this thread). On the way out I was going to stop across the street to check out the cars from the BMW Club who were at the outside track.
Comming out of the gate I saw a familiar site.
Can you identify this 914World.com member?
VegasRacer
It is Andy from Phoenix and the Wild 6.

He was on his way to caravan back home after the weekend at the track, so we didn't have much time to talk. Andy - if I would have known you were in town, I would have come out to support you instead of going to look at the Italian race cars. Now who's fault is that?!?! Next time, let me know. sad.gif

VegasRacer
While Andy was tearing up the track next door, I was busy drooling on these Ferrari's, Maserati's and an old Alfa.
VegasRacer
cockpit
VegasRacer
VegasRacer
yellow
VegasRacer
push
VegasRacer
Maserati
VegasRacer
Alfa
VegasRacer
engine donor?
VegasRacer
ouch
VegasRacer
last one
Wild 6
Hi John,
I'll let you know the next time.

It was an interesting weekend. The BMW Club comped my weekend in Vegas in exchange for me instructing for them. After the first ten minutes of instructor warm-up, I was black flagged for aggressive driving ohmy.gif. In the next session, I had a senior Porsche Club instructor and racer with me giving me tips on the race line. With him in the car, I screwed up and went off track (it was very slow, straight and under control and gently came back on track). You should of seen the BMW event guy. I thought he was going to pop a vein. He was screaming at me that if I did one more thing, I was outta there sad.gif .

I spent the rest of the weekend going really slowwwww. Didn't really want to pass too many of those guys unsure.gif.

I did have 4 great BMW students. Won at craps and met a couple of new friends.

P.S. In case BMW guys are reading this.... All the other instructors and students were very nice to me. Only the BMW event people wanted me tarred and feathered.

Andy
Allan
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ May 16 2005, 03:03 PM)
It is Andy from Phoenix and the Wild 6.

What, you couldn't wait until I got home??? I knew, I Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miles owes me 5 bucks.
redshift
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ May 16 2005, 06:11 PM)
While Andy was tearing up the track next door, I was busy drooling on these Ferrari's, Maserati's and an old Alfa.

I never really new what I liked about those Volvo P cars, until this picture..

M
TravisNeff
Damn Andy! you win them over with your easygoing nature, and getum' when there not expecting it. driving.gif
drew365
Very nice pics John. I'm still looking for the Maserati in the one picture though.
skline
QUOTE (drew365 @ May 16 2005, 06:13 PM)
Very nice pics John. I'm still looking for the Maserati in the one picture though.

I have to agree, I didnt see any cars in that picture you labled Maserati confused24.gif
fiid
Man - I'd love to drive one of those 360s on the track. Actually - I'd drive one round a parking lot given the opportunity. boldblue.gif. Thanks for the pics.
bernbomb914
you have never seen a birdcage or Monza Maserati if you did not recognize the red one around 1952-1959 I think

Bernie
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ May 16 2005, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (drew365 @ May 16 2005, 06:13 PM)

I have to agree, I didnt see any cars in that picture you labled Maserati confused24.gif

Oh. You mean that Kelly in the background is distracting?
drew365
Oh. You mean that Kelly in the background is distracting?

When you can pull attention away from a room full of Ferrari's and Maser's, I'd call it magnetic. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.