Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
twistedstang
I was all excited when I got home and saw my new prototipo and hub sitting by the door. I figured what the hell, I'll go toss it on. The wheel went on nice but I'm having an issue with the horn. When I turn the wheel half way, the horn goes off. I disconnected the horn and same results. Digging in, I think the hub is contacting the 4 screws that hold the guts in the column. Almost like the hub is seating too deep into the shaft. The nut is maybe one turn past flush with the shaft.

Anyone else run into this before?
oakdalecurtis
Been years since I installed my Momo, but I remember having to Dremel away a little aluminum so the horn contact didn't touch ground anywhere. Also, you may want to get a JSWest eccentric spacer. It lifts the wheel about a half inch, giving you more legroom below and an improved view of your dash gauges. Here's the part website and before and after pics of dash view.

http://www.jwesteng.com/shop/home/15-steer...ic-adapter.html

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
porschetub
I bought correct momo hub off a seller on ebay,fitted the spline but the 914 stuff that fits on the back was a piss poor fit,contacted the seller and he said that was stated in his auction ?...and no it wasn't,what is Momo china doing lol-2.gif lol-2.gif ,that all I could think of.
Click to view attachment
Perhaps you have the same issue of poor quality part...
twistedstang
Thanks for the validation. I didn't wanna bring out the grinder until I knew I wasn't nuts.
twistedstang
I spent some time working on the wheel today. The splined hole for the shaft isn't centered in the hub. When I turn the wheel 90* the top rub strip contacts the hub and the bottom rub strip contacts the screw holding the self canceling ring on the wheel. I gave the rub strips a trimming and now all seems well. You'd think for $80, the hub would be less of a piece of shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.