Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what the cat drug home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Front yard mechanic
I guess I'm a gulltun for punishment ! Saw these sexy pipes and couldn't help my self 1974 originally white, and I like these wheels. What are they called
ConeDodger
Good kitty! evilgrin.gif
bbrock
Look like Pedrini mags.
IronHillRestorations
Those are Mahle wheels
Tom_T
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 29 2017, 09:13 AM) *

Look like Pedrini mags.

No & No - like Perry said - they're the 4-lug Mahle "Baby Gas Burners" which were optional on 914s 73-76 MY.

The easy way to tell the difference between Pedrini (1970-73+) & Mahle 4-lugs, is that none of the raised "spokes" on the Mahles touch the center, whereas the Pedrinis have 4 that don't touch & 4 that go to the center hub hole ridge (alternating) making a cross shape.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
worn
Looks like a winner - or a wiener at least. piratenanner.gif
Well done!
SirAndy
'74 - check
Original white paint -check
Mahle wheels - check

Look for orange or green paint around the edges and check the VIN and see if it falls within the LE range ...
shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2017, 11:06 AM) *

Look for orange or green paint around the edges and check the VIN and see if it falls within the LE range ...
shades.gif

I second that motion. drooley.gif
Front yard mechanic
Got me jumping I'll have to get this off the trailer to read the paint code, does have brown interior
bbrock
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 29 2017, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 29 2017, 09:13 AM) *

Look like Pedrini mags.

No & No - like Perry said - they're the 4-lug Mahle "Baby Gas Burners" which were optional on 914s 73-76 MY.

The easy way to tell the difference between Pedrini (1970-73+) & Mahle 4-lugs, is that none of the raised "spokes" on the Mahles touch the center, whereas the Pedrinis have 4 that don't touch & 4 that go to the center hub hole ridge (alternating) making a cross shape.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

wub.gif Good to know. Even better. Nice looking car.
914Sixer
Out side chance it is an Creamsickle.
IronHillRestorations
I'd like to see green smile.gif
Front yard mechanic
Paint code says L80E would it be a cream sickle if so I'm a happy camper but not sure why other than I like ice cream lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 29 2017, 05:53 PM) *
Paint code says L80E would it be a cream sickle if so I'm a happy camper but not sure why other than I like ice cream lol-2.gif

The paint code won't tell you anything other than it was light ivory from the factory.
The VIN however is in the known LE range, so that's a start.

Read all pages provided here:
http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

If you don't see any obvious orange (or green) paint around the accessories, look for the mounting tabs for the LE only front spoiler.
shades.gif
914_7T3
I believe the Bowlsby website references a Vin# range of 14348-16764 for an LE.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 29 2017, 06:49 PM) *

I believe the Bowlsby website references a Vin# range of 14348-16764 for an LE.

I stand corrected, however, there are at least 5 known LE cars with VINs higher than the range reported by Porsche, so it may still be possible.
idea.gif
JeffBowlsby
Drat. sad.gif
whitetwinturbo
...................your cat is very strong cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.