Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ot gm ls 5.3 afm delete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
So I was able to get about 175k out of the dod or Afm system on my 0u burb before starting to have trouble. For those that dont know it shuts down 4 of the 8 cylinders when cruising to save gas. This is down through 8 lifters and some solenoid s. I have decided to now remove the afm system as it has left me stranded a few times and I should be able to get another 100k out of this truck.. So bought the delete kit for about 550 includes a different cam, lifters and requires removal of the heads to get the old lifters out..

So I started today and will be sending the ecm out Monday to remove the afm software while I am on vacation. I forgot how much I hate working in dd but I own it and put alot of miles on each year so buying something new doesn't make sense . I typically get my wifes hand me downs and she has a 12 yukon Denali with a 400hp 6.2 in it.. Click to view attachment

Just thought I would share.
snakemain
I have a 6.6L Duramax diesel in my 07 'Burb. Gets 24mpg hwy and can pull a 12K lb travel trailer through the mountains no problem. If it didn't weigh almost as much as a house, it feels like would probably lift the front tires off the ground while accelerating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.