Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has an oil filter recommendation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Any thoughts on this? I see that Bosch has a replacement that is much less expensive than the Mahle original.
ThePaintedMan
I like the Wix version. I buy em 3-4 at a time from RockAuto. Wiz has a great reputation and they make fantastic filters, IMHO.
iamchappy
Mobil one
Frankvw
The bosch is the one that is delvered as replacement when order a replacement type4 oilfilter here in NL. It has good specs. Only is not suitable for my car since i have an AC pump and bracket that makes it use a smaller-in-diameter filter. I could not find a Bosch in that size...so now have a Mann filter with good specs.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...123&hl=Mann
reharvey
If you assume that the heaviest filter is the best one then the Mahle wins hands down at almost 1lb.
URY914
K&N
kid914
What K&N model#
TheCabinetmaker
Mahle, or Mann. Period! The cap'n would have been all over this. I've personally seen a wix filter clog and kill an engine. Clean oil is the life blood of your engine. The word cheaper does not belong in this discussion.
Mark Henry
This can be just as big of an argument as which brand of oil, but at least there's a fewer number of choices.

I've used Bosch with no issues on my 26mm T1 pump with FF adapter. What I mostly use now as they're so easy for me to get, cheap and delivered to my door.
Napa gold, Mann, Mahle, also with no issue on the T4.

Pretty sure Napa gold is WIX, they're OK so far the few I've used, but the holes are smaller. Too much money compared to the Bosch, so I doubt if I'll be buying any more.
Funny that a wix would clog, they all have a built in relief valve these days.
Full flow hooked up backwards? confused24.gif

Mahle on the /6, again because I can get them easy, not paying stupid money to get them shipped from the states.
TheCabinetmaker
Not full flow.
Kansas 914
I am a Mahle or Mann fan.

Click to view attachment
dgraves
Thank you all for the input. I've got what I need.
Dan
era vulgaris
QUOTE(kid914 @ Jul 30 2017, 09:08 AM) *

What K&N model#

HP2004. It's what I always used. I like the K&N's for the ease of install via a socket. No need for a strap wrench in that tight space.
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jul 30 2017, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(kid914 @ Jul 30 2017, 09:08 AM) *

What K&N model#

HP2004. It's what I always used. I like the K&N's for the ease of install via a socket. No need for a strap wrench in that tight space.

agree.gif

I use only K&N gold on my cars, even when I work on my sisters GMC Acadia.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 30 2017, 06:39 AM) *

Pretty sure Napa gold is WIX,

It is. I read a huge comparison thread one day. One of the better filters.

I can get Wix at Oreillys so it's a no brainer.
michael7810
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 30 2017, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 30 2017, 06:39 AM) *

Pretty sure Napa gold is WIX,

It is. I read a huge comparison thread one day. One of the better filters.

I can get Wix at Oreillys so it's a no brainer.

I use the NAPA Gold 1374. It has a smaller diameter than stock which I need because the stock filter hits the engine mount bar due to the oil cooler sandwich plate lowers the filter (I know smaller is not better but...)
stownsen914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 30 2017, 10:08 AM) *

Not full flow.

Are any of the disposable filters full flow?

(I'm taking "full flow" to mean no bypass that cracks open at higher pressures.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.