Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: elecric windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144guy
i know there is a kit out there, but i think i could build it real cheap, has anyone know of a motor that will fit the 73' window regulator? confused24.gif
azbill
I used the kit installed without a problem and works good. Don't know what motors are used.
double-a
i've been curious about this. how easy is it to install, is there much fabrication/drilling involved? what becomes of the stock window crank handle? thanks.

~a
SpecialK
QUOTE (9144guy @ May 16 2005, 07:38 PM)
i know there is a kit out there, but i think i could build it real cheap, has anyone know of a motor that will fit the 73' window regulator? confused24.gif

I've got the kit, no problems. Good question though, kind of curious myself to see if anyone uses a factory type unit, and which one. idea.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (double-a @ May 16 2005, 10:28 PM)
i've been curious about this. how easy is it to install, is there much fabrication/drilling involved? what becomes of the stock window crank handle? thanks.

~a

agree.gif
I've wanted to do this forever......

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rick 918-S
I used mid 1980's GM units ( Olds Cutlass Ceira, Chevrolet Celebrity Pontiac Bonniville, etc.) in my BMW 2002. track is ached for a curved glass and track arrangement but they reshaped easy and their compact. I would think they would fit in our doors. They have a steel tube with a plastic track unside similar to the type we have now. The motor part sits in the front of the door.
azbill
Minimal hole drilling. A couple for the motor and track and 2 larger holes for the for the wire into the cabin. You can mount the switches in door or center counsul. Finished plastic caps over the window cranks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.