Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine mount brackets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the brackets. It would appear I have been sold the wrong ones.

I can cut these and weld them but I don't know how high or low the rubber mount should be.

Ideally I need to know the distance between the middle of the top bolt hole down to the top of the small shelf that the rubber bolts onto.

McMark
Buuuuuuut..... I have no idea what brackets you're talking about....

6 conversion mount? Factory 4 mounts? Outers? Inners? confused24.gif
JFG
Factory 4 mounts. The ones that bolt to the front of the engine behind the fan shroud
bdstone914
QUOTE(JFG @ Jul 30 2017, 05:29 AM) *

Factory 4 mounts. The ones that bolt to the front of the engine behind the fan shroud

From the bits on info you offered I suspect you were sold VW Bus mounts. Can you post a picture of what you have? If they are bus mounts you can cut, bent and reweld them. I will see if I can post a picture of a correct 914 mount.
Mark Henry
Bus mounts are on an angle, 914 mounts are flat/level
McMark
I'll assume you're looking at a side-shifter setup. Tailshifter mount bars use a completely different mount (one piece).

drunk.gif
rhodyguy
The CORRECT later brackets (for a sideshift trans engine support bar) should be readily available via the classifieds.
bdstone914
Good luck finding used ones. I posted a WTB ad with no replies. The other difference is the square mounting hole location. I could not find a bus mount for comparison. I think you can swap the shelf part side to side and bend and reweld them. Or drill a rounds hole. The square hole matches the square on the top of the mount to keep it from turning. If the engine and bar are out of the car I would jig up the brackets to the engine and use the holes in the bar to get the C-C distance correct for the mount holes and get the shelf parts horizontal.
JFG
Thanks for the info. It looks like they were bus or other air-cooled as they pointed inwards to each when fitted.

I have cut and rewelded them to fit the engine to the bar temporarily just to get the motor in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.