Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
Were there two kinds of rubber bumpers? I know there were the later style bulky rubber bumpers, but were there early style steel-looking rubber bumpers?

Like these.. or are these rubber?
mihai914
These are stock steel ones painted black. There wasn't any early style rubber bumpers prior to 75. There was though the fiberglass GT bumpers and 916 bumpers.
Tom73
Those are just painted bumpers. The 73 and 74 had steel bumpers that had large rubber blocks bolted to them. The 75 and 76 had the huge crash type (for lack of a better term) rubber bumpers.

tom...
Aaron Cox
and CA 75/76 cars had mini tits on the bug bumpers too! biggrin.gif
Hammy
Oh cool. Reason I asked is because my chrome bumpers are dented up pretty badly, not dings but dents, and I like that black look.
Has anyone had success with bumper dents? Can a body shop handle it or are they toast?
Allan
QUOTE (Tom73 @ May 16 2005, 08:51 PM)
The 75 and 76 had the "HUGE" crash type (for lack of a better term) rubber bumpers.

Sorry.. wink.gif I love those...
boxstr
If you are going to try and repair the chrome bumpers and have them rechromed let the chroing shop do the dent repair. Trust me I have been through this. If you want black bumpers get some that are already painted black, if those need repair and body shop can do those, and they can repaint them black also.
CCLINBUMPERCARS
jgiroux67
I have a black rear bumper you could have for $25 and you woulndnt have to pay shipping. PM me if your interested
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.