Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914Rubber HID Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I'm installing the new 914Rubber HID headlights; new to know whether the plastic cover/shell over the front of the HID is supposed to stay or be removed

1st pic shows that cover partially off
2nd pic is the cover on and the end-thingy screwed in...
Mikey914
The cover stays on. It actually helps make them waterproof. There is also a second set included.
Chris914n6
It's not HID, it's LED. Completely different tech.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 30 2017, 01:42 PM) *

It's not HID, it's LED. Completely different tech.

Yes you are correct. Sorry missed that.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2017, 12:57 PM) *

The cover stays on. It actually helps make them waterproof. There is also a second set included.

Thanks ! And I found the second set, kinda hard to see if I didn't know they were packed in the foam.....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2017, 04:57 PM) *

Silly Mark. You do know that neither Jim's or my car have ever been out in the rain right? biggrin.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland
All done....great kit !
ConeDodger
Nice! evilgrin.gif
Mikey914
Yes we kissed a lot of frogs to find these.
GB expires soon.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 30 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Thanks ! And I found the second set, kinda hard to see if I didn't know they were packed in the foam.....

interesting- i did not have this in my packaging- no second set confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 30 2017, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 30 2017, 05:00 PM) *

interesting- i did not have this in my packaging- no second set confused24.gif

Not all have them. I know I put an extra set in with his as I didn't need them.
jim_hoyland
how do we know when the 2nd set is needed ? Do the original have a wear factor ?
Mikey914
No wear on this part. They were some extra coated lenses we got and rather than having them sit around on the shelf or get broken I asked Topher to ship them out with orders as he got them out the door. A unannounced bonus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.