Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Thanks Randy Lok
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Thank you , Randy for having me come over so we could stay up late one nite last week. We or rather you figured out the damn thing (Dell Laptop) and now it works great!!

Randy has a pretty nice for real Black 75 2.0L that needs some TLC. He is talking about a V8 conv but maybe I talked him out of it... (six...six....six)

smilie_pokal.gif
Rand
Hey Bleyseng! Thanks Geoff... Glad the computer is better... but I think we could have got more done on the 914 in the same time!!! biggrin.gif

Six eh? Yeah, maybe... I have to admit, you made me reconsider. I may still need some more convincing to push me over the edge though. smile.gif

Rand
Ok...

1. V8 Conversion. 300+ HP. Tons of torque. Chevy 350 has tons of support. Easy conversion with all the aftermarket kits.

2. RAT TIV. 150+ HP, bolt in, closest to stock, perfect weight balance.

3. Six. Less power than v8, maybe more work... but better weight balance, no water plumbing, all Porsche.

4. Rotary. (Yeah, more controversial, but...) Perfect weight balance and more power than six (250+ HP). More work to get a reliable and properly cooled config, but if everything was done right, consider the final results.

I want the most performance bang for the buck, considering we are looking forward to the project (meaning we'll enjoy some custom fabrication work). I want it done right, but don't care about preserving the stock all-Porsche config.

I'm still thinking the list above is sorted pretty well according to my criteria. But I would love more feedback before taking the plunge.

My 2.0 is running great, so I'm going to enjoy it this summer before digging into a project.

Feedback encouraged!
McMark
You said you're looking for bang for the buck. Get a V8 and do it your self. Your buck doesn't bang any harder than that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.