Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front sway bar (on ebay) but an odd install comment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wyvern
Hi all.
I am looking for a front sway bar for my 73 .
I found this on good ol ebay ...but why in the description does it mention using JB Weld ???

sway ad
914Sixer
It is odd that Brad would mention using JB Weld. I would not using anything less than welding.
Mike D.
JB is probably just to get the inside brackets to stay in place. The bolts will hold everything together once torqued down.
mepstein
Brad is suggesting to jb weld the reinforcement plate. I've never done it but Brad has worked on 100x more 914's than me. Just ask him when you buy the bar.
infraredcalvin
The seller has been around here and 914s for a long time. While I've never seen anyone do it that way I suppose you could use jbweld... i bet it would be stronger than a lot of the weld jobs I see pictured on here (mine included)...

Also check with member Bruce Stone, IIRC he sells these refurbished (powder coated and freshly plated) for the same price...
shoguneagle
You are in "God's Hands" when dealing with Brad Mayuer or Bruce Stone. Both are great of knowledge and quality parts. You cannot be in any better hands when dealing with these two. Ask and they will explain; nothing but exceptional service from both of them.

Steve Hurt
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jul 31 2017, 12:33 PM) *
JB is probably just to get the inside brackets to stay in place. The bolts will hold everything together once torqued down.

agree.gif

The plates form a "sandwich", that bolts is what hold/locates the plates.
smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.