Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED Bulbs source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I want to directly replace the dual function rear Red brake light and white back up light

Looking for a source t
clapeza
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 31 2017, 04:46 PM) *

I want to directly replace the dual function rear Red brake light and white back up light

Looking for a source t

Here ya go:

https://www.spokeworksled.com/914-led-solutions

Quality product, and one of our own, here on the World.
bandjoey
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=295391&hl=

A List of all the individual bulb s.
Chris914n6
I have a pair of these, not installed yet of course as I wanted to do an action vid biggrin.gif

Philips 1157 LED
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 31 2017, 06:20 PM) *

I have a pair of these, not installed yet of course as I wanted to do an action vid biggrin.gif

Philips 1157 LED

Thanks; I put in an order for a pair
Mikey914
Remember you will need to change out the relay to solid state, or it will click 2x as fast. biggrin.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 1 2017, 03:06 AM) *

Remember you will need to change out the relay to solid state, or it will click 2x as fast. biggrin.gif

Most OEM flashers will hyperflash (2x rate) when going to LED turnsignals. The 914 flasher does not hyperflash with LED turnsignals as it has a secondary function to flash at a normal rate for the master cylinder brake warning switch and the e-brake switch.

What does happen with the 914 flasher with LED turnsignals is the tachometer turnsignal indicators will not work correctly and the effect is different between the L + R indicators in the early cars (70-73) or single L/R indicator in the later cars.

For later cars with single L/R indicator, the only solution is EP26 flasher available at most FLAPS but it is not a panacea. EP26 by Novita does not power the C2 lead which drives the L/R indicator. Therefore EP26 must be modified to power C2. I provide this modification on my website listed earlier. This fix is not perfect. When the MC warning switch or e-brake is pulled, the tach L/R indicator will flash.

For early cars with separate L and R tach indicators, the 914 flasher will flash at the normal rate but will not power the "K" lead which drives the center tap of the L and R tach indicators. Thus both L and R will flash at the same time at a reduced intensity. Weirder yet is as the desired L or R turnsignals are flashing, the L and R tach indicators will provide power to the opposite turnsignal thus providing what I call "ghosting" as the opposite turnsignal may slightly flash as well.

There are 2 solutions for early cars:
1) Replace flasher with EP26. Since EP26 doesn't power the K/C2 lead, these must be modified to drive the K/C2 lead. I provide these on my website.
2) Use standard 914 flasher and make a "Y" pigtail to drive the common wire between the L and R tach indicators to tie this point to ground. Simply tape off the center tap wire from the flasher.
rothaus
Check out these

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=286608

Or direct to carmagic.us

Cheers
Engelbert
Mikey914
Bulbs are not an issue I sell the dash and inst lights the tail light s are 1156 and 1157 you can buy at superbrightleds.com and I stock them too.
No shortage of places to buy.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 1 2017, 10:47 AM) *

Bulbs are not an issue I sell the dash and inst lights the tail light s are 1156 and 1157 you can buy at superbrightleds.com and I stock them too.

Thanks ;couldn't find them on the web site
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 1 2017, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 1 2017, 10:47 AM) *

Thanks ;couldn't find them on the web site

On my super secret listing but for you Jim I can get you a set. biggrin.gif

Actually need to list I'll work on getting these up for all for Fridays big GB blowout
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.