Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Up Next: Super Car Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Based on the success of the SoCal Fun Day out in Temecula, (Great job by Oscar and his Crew!), I would like to organize another event on October 8, 2017.

This would be based around the Super Car Sunday in Woodland Hills, CA which is the Porsche Marque Day.

Car Show is located at

Westfield Promenade Mall
6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

http://www.supercarsunday.com/

My thought is that we can all meet up prior and Parade in & Park together. After the show breaks, we are spitting distance from some serious twisties down to the beach in Malibu.

Check the route down Old Topanga to Tuna Canyon to the beach on the below link:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tuna+Cany...;4d-118.6034606

From there North to Malibu for lunch and Parade back South on PCH down to the California incline at the 10 Fwy. Once we hit the 10 everyone can screw off and go back from wherever they came from.

Let's face it, we have the best weather and some of the best roads in the country so let's use them!

We could easily put together up to a half dozen events per year organized by local members. Another member "914" suggested an afternoon at the Porsche experience Center in Carson. Other options could be an autocross day etc... so let's hear your thoughts.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
thelogo
Its not screw off but piss off back to wherever you come from

Any way i tried to organize a local car ,coffee, car show

Every sundays on this site and only 1 other guy was down to do it

So believe me ive tried but

And i dont want it to be just porsches with engines in the back

But porsches with engines in the front or any cool cars sheeplove.gif
57lincolnman
I'm in. I'll put on the calendar. I was out at Supercar Sunday this past Sunday just to check it out. It could use some 914s to spice things up a bit. I do the run you've described in my 914 whenever I can get out to the PCH. I do it in reverse from what you describe but down hill can be fun too. There's a great brunch place called the Topanga Table on TC Blvd just north of town. I'll be the guy in the silver '75 with GA plates.
7TPorsh
driving.gif popcorn[1].gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(thelogo @ Jul 31 2017, 09:41 PM) *

Its not screw off but piss off back to wherever you come from

Any way i tried to organize a local car ,coffee, car show

Every sundays on this site and only 1 other guy was down to do it

So believe me ive tried but

And i dont want it to be just porsches with engines in the back

But porsches with engines in the front or any cool cars sheeplove.gif

Bring whatever you've got, but please leave your livestock at home!

sheeplove.gif
ValcoOscar
OK, As of now...I'm in on this run.

Share more details later.

driving.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 31 2017, 04:48 PM) *
Let's Get Some More up on the Calendar. I would like to organize another event on October 8, 2017

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...m=10&y=2017
confused24.gif poke.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 1 2017, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 31 2017, 04:48 PM) *
Let's Get Some More up on the Calendar. I would like to organize another event on October 8, 2017

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...m=10&y=2017
confused24.gif poke.gif

Oooooooh, I get it now. Now posted to the 914 World Calendar too! Didn't even realize that was there.
buggvert
I've added it to my calendar, too. I'll be bringing Rosie is she is running well enough, with, gas, tread, etc., and I have some $ to blow.
If Rosie puts up a fuss, I'll bring Bella's Bug.
Rosie is my '75 Malaga Red 914 I bought from Joe Schneider of Schneider's Autohaus.
Bella's Bug is a special purpose '69 VW Bug.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other semi-local, active "fourteeners"
Larmo63
It's hard to put ANY Porsche event on my schedule with my car on jack stands. headbang.gif
Krohn
I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but I know that Oct. 8th is the Santa Barbara concourse (http://www.zone8.org/calendar.php) which may deter some from attending.

I'd rather drive than show, but it's hard to pass up the opportunity to stare at some pretty metal when it's parked nearby.
buggvert
I'm a member of PCASBR, I go to Elings park(location for this years concourse) every day with my dogs, and I take Rosie(my fourteener) to Montecito Cars & Coffee(now at LaCumbre mall), most Sundays. So I've got my fill, of pretty sites, green grass, friendly people of PCA, and the precious metal of beautiful Porsches. Let's go drive our fourteeners together, and enjoy some twisties. OK, the try tip they get a PCA is really good, but for 70 bucks 'd rather go drive. Sorry for all those fourteeners whos 914's are on Jack's.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(buggvert @ Aug 23 2017, 11:09 PM) *

I'm a member of PCASBR, I go to Elings park(location for this years concourse) every day with my dogs, and I take Rosie(my fourteener) to Montecito Cars & Coffee(now at LaCumbre mall), most Sundays. So I've got my fill, of pretty sites, green grass, friendly people of PCA, and the precious metal of beautiful Porsches. Let's go drive our fourteeners together, and enjoy some twisties. OK, the try tip they get a PCA is really good, but for 70 bucks 'd rather go drive. Sorry for all those fourteeners whos 914's are on Jack's.

Ok, let's go; Newcomb's Ranch
get off my lawn
No livestock allowed?
914_7T3
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Aug 24 2017, 04:00 PM) *

No livestock allowed?

They may have some there if you feel the need.

av-943.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 24 2017, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(buggvert @ Aug 23 2017, 11:09 PM) *

Ok, let's go; Newcomb's Ranch

Put it on the calendar and I'll be there. Just need to pick up another PCar as my 914 will be in full resto mode come Monday.
914_7T3
Time to give this a icon_bump.gif

Hope that everyone from LA, OC , Inland Empire, San Gabriel & San Fernando Valleys and beyond can attend.

Please chime in if you plan to attend. If the group is big enough I will get us a brunch/lunch reservation in Malibu and try to get a special 914 World Corral set up with the organizer.

We will not be limited to 914s so show up in whatever you have got and it will be fun to attend the event and head down Old Topanga and Tuna Canyon down to the beach. Hope to see you there.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Fatboy007
This sounds like a real good time. Lemme see if i can clear the date icon_bump.gif
914_7T3
This will be the official post for who is attending and will be updated as we go. From the preliminary replys so far, here is what we have got:

914 7T3 2 Attending, 986
7T Porsh Maybe
ValcoOscar Attending, 914
buggvert Attending, 914
Larmo63 Maybe
Krohn Maybe
Fatboy007 Maybe
914 Attending 914
Mike D plus guests Attending 914
Kurt V Maybe 911
Aura Attending 997

Please reply to this thread or hit me with a PM if you plan to join. Should be a great day! driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
amfab
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 1 2017, 09:45 PM) *

It's hard to put ANY Porsche event on my schedule with my car on jack stands. headbang.gif

agree.gif
I could bring the 993, but I need every weekend I can to repair rust

Someday...
914_7T3
QUOTE(amfab @ Sep 25 2017, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 1 2017, 09:45 PM) *

agree.gif
I could bring the 993, but I need every weekend I can to repair rust

Someday...

Did I mention there would be twisties? The rust can wait.

Click to view attachment
Jeffery,
I am thinking about going..Where would we meet up?
Thanks,914/Alan
914_7T3

We can meet up to caffeinate and stage the cars at 6:30am at the Starbucks located in Gateway Plaza:
5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd.,
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Starbucks...;4d-118.6053877

Well roll out of Starbucks at 6:45am the few blocks north up Topanga to the event. Post Super Car event is the Tuna Canyon Drive and up the coast to Neptune's Net for lunch.

I'll PM some other group members to see if we can get some more takers, should be a lot of fun.

driving.gif

buggvert
Is there a reason this is not in the same thread as the "show topic"?
I'm asking because I seams like there's only like four or five of us that are really on board with this.
Also, has anyone gotten an acknowledgement from Dustin@connectedmediagroup.com on that fact a small group of 914's are planning on attending in unison? I tried to email him twice, but no response.
I'm really looking forward to this & hope we have a great turnout. See ya all at coffee for pre event staging.
914_7T3
QUOTE(buggvert @ Sep 30 2017, 11:19 PM) *

Is there a reason this is not in the same thread as the "show topic"?
I'm asking because I seams like there's only like four or five of us that are really on board with this.
Also, has anyone gotten an acknowledgement from Dustin@connectedmediagroup.com on that fact a small group of 914's are planning on attending in unison? I tried to email him twice, but no response.
I'm really looking forward to this & hope we have a great turnout. See ya all at coffee for pre event staging.

Just to clarify, notification of the event can be found on the 914 World Calendar with a brief event overview that links to this thread.

I did not get a reply from them either, but if we roll in together no reason why we can't park together.

I too would like to see more participants so we will see how the week goes. Perhaps if its too early many can meet up later at 10:00am for just the drive and lunch.

Good news is I just got back from driving the route and its awesome. The last few miles are one way only so less worry of cars coming up and not holding their lane. driving.gif

Here are some pics. If anyone is still on the fence, its not too late to get on board.

Get you some of that!!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Larmo63
I probably can't make it because of a family thing (I don't want to go to) But I will try.
7TPorsh
There may be a meetup of the Early 911 Registry group at the UA Theaters in La Canada. I might drive in with them....have to see if they're doing the run....Sherwood Lee's group
euro911
Meet up at 6:30am? yikes.gif

screwy.gif

I don't even get up until sometime between 9:11 and 9:30 poke.gif

I would have to get up at 3:56 am to be ready rolleyes.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 1 2017, 09:59 PM) *

There may be a meetup of the Early 911 Registry group at the UA Theaters in La Canada. I might drive in with them....have to see if they're doing the run....Sherwood Lee's group

Does that group know about the run? I cant make La Canada next Saturday as I am tearing out the interior on the 914 and dropping it at the paint shop that evening.

Also posted on the 986 forum earlier this evening to see if anybody out there wants to join.
914_7T3
Wanted to give this a icon_bump.gif as we get closer to the weekend! All are welcome and open to all P-cars and not just 914s.
914_7T3
The attendee list has been updated on page 1 of this thread. More details below:

In case we have trouble getting in or out of Super Car Sunday as a group, we can meet back at the Starbucks for 10:15am and depart at 10:30am:

Starbucks
5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

This will be the official route out of Starbucks in case your GPS wants to route you else where:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Starbucks,+...#33;3e0!5i1

Head north on Topanga Canyon Blvd toward Clarendon St
174 ft

Make a U-turn at Clarendon St
1.3 mi

Sharp right onto Mulholland Dr
0.5 mi

Turn left onto Mulholland Hwy
1.7 mi

Turn left onto Old Topanga Canyon Rd
5.7 mi

Turn right onto CA-27 S
0.5 mi

Turn right onto Fernwood Pacific Dr
0.2 mi

Turn left to stay on Fernwood Pacific Dr
1.3 mi

Continue onto Tuna Canyon Rd approx. 3 miles down to PCH and North 23 miles up to Neptune's Net. driving.gif
7TPorsh
Really want to go but don't think my front bearings will make it...
It looks like I am not going to make it..
Sorry,914/Alan
914_7T3
Thanks to all that have RSVP'd on the thread or via PM. Looking forward to a great day tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

Look for my son and I at the meetup point in the 2002 Lapis Blue Boxster. He got her washed up and ready for the event. driving.gif

euro911
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 7 2017, 09:42 PM) *

Thanks to all that have RSVP'd on the thread or via PM. Looking forward to a great day tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

Look for my son and I at the meetup point in the 2002 Lapis Blue Boxster. He got her washed up and ready for the event. driving.gif

Looking good, Jeffery. What would it take to get your son to get the 'BB' looking as nice? laugh.gif

poke.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 7 2017, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 7 2017, 09:42 PM) *

Looking good, Jeffery. What would it take to get your son to get the 'BB' looking as nice? laugh.gif

poke.gif

What else, but a right of first refusal on the '66 912! rolleyes.gif
buggvert
Well, so much for Rosie and me making it to the gig. I must’ve loosened the cable when cleaning the car, because I’m not getting spark now.
Either the alternator just quit, or the MSD ignition gave up.
You guys have no idea how upset I am, I really wanted to go drive twisties with other 914‘s
914_7T3
Sorry to those who could not make it out this morning due to mechanical issues or other commitments. Saw a few 914 World Members out there and even some R Gruppe types that Larmo warned us about. av-943.gif

Met up with some PCA friends for the Tuna Canyon drive after and ended up turning right back around as soon as we hit the coast. Decided to move onto the 6th Annual Galpin Auto Show which was really great. Got to meet Rod Emory owner of the 1951 Le Mans winning P-Car that was on display.

Click to view attachment

A lot of awesome cars were there and a really heavy turn-out. Here are some more pics:

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
We were at the Galpin Auto show also. Lots of great cars.
Jay Leno’s GT 40
Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 8 2017, 06:56 PM) *

We were at the Galpin Auto show also. Lots of great cars.
Jay Leno’s GT 40
Click to view attachment

Nice, sorry we missed you.

We also did this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhQFF5jjY8
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 8 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Sorry to those who could not make it out this morning due to mechanical issues or other commitments. Saw a few 914 World Members out there and even some R Gruppe types that Larmo warned us about. av-943.gif

Met up with some PCA friends for the Tuna Canyon drive after and ended up turning right back around as soon as we hit the coast. Decided to move onto the 6th Annual Galpin Auto Show which was really great. Got to meet Rod Emory owner of the 1951 Le Mans winning P-Car that was on display.

Click to view attachment

A lot of awesome cars were there and a really heavy turn-out. Here are some more pics:

Lawrence hooked me up with some awesome F Truppe stickers and these will be displayed on all 3 of our 914s biggrin.gif . Might affix one to the 930 turbo as well ! The black 9146 (at Galpin) is a 3.6 owned by our friend Harry W. The 1951 (N°46) LeMans winning 356SL is owned by Cameron Healy and was fully restored to its original condition by master craftsman Rod Emory and his crew. The Porsche museum also has a silver 356SL 1951 LeMans entrant on display in Germany, but the one at the show today crossed the finish line; first in class at LeMans smilie_pokal.gif

Maltese Falcon
Rock on F-Truppe aktion035.gif
Thank you Lawrence (Larmo63) for this cool bit of our 914 culture !

Click to view attachment
buggvert
OK, rub it in. But thanks for the pics of the other show.
Still haven’t figured out what happened Rosie. Took me two hours to get a flatbed come take her home. I’m still really hopeful that will find a bunch of 14er’s to go do a drive together. We have some really nice twisties here in Santa Barbara, and of course, there’s always 192 and 150 out to Ojai. Since we have a “cars and coffee” in Santa Barbara every Sunday, maybe we could figure out what Sunday would be a good one to do it on, get a bunch of 14er’s together there, then drive 192 to 150 and have lunch in Ojai or continue on the 33 to have lunch in Ventura. I guess it’s a relevant at the moment, I’ve got to figure out what the hell is wrong with Rosie.
914_7T3
QUOTE(buggvert @ Oct 9 2017, 05:06 PM) *

OK, rub it in. But thanks for the pics of the other show.
Still haven’t figured out what happened Rosie. Took me two hours to get a flatbed come take her home. I’m still really hopeful that will find a bunch of 14er’s to go do a drive together. We have some really nice twisties here in Santa Barbara, and of course, there’s always 192 and 150 out to Ojai. Since we have a “cars and coffee” in Santa Barbara every Sunday, maybe we could figure out what Sunday would be a good one to do it on, get a bunch of 14er’s together there, then drive 192 to 150 and have lunch in Ojai or continue on the 33 to have lunch in Ventura. I guess it’s a relevant at the moment, I’ve got to figure out what the hell is wrong with Rosie.

Yikes, didn't realize that you were already on the way, thought that she just wouldn't start. Sorry that happened.

I know that 7TPorsh wanted to organize a run on Angeles Crest Highway or the guys down in Orange County have an event on Nov. 4th that there is now a thread for. Also PCA LA has a run coming up your way this Saturday, but I will be out of town for that one.

I would be interested in heading your way if you can put something together. Hope to see you soon.

second wind
Gee guys.....only five or so 914's showed up but a great Porsche turnout nonetheless......from GT3 to perfect 356's.....those cars sure have the nice legroom.....paraded out with one other 914.....gorgeous day to own and drive a Porsche....
gg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.