Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Recommendations for selling a cool ol' Jeep?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
Hi all -
My 80 year old next door neighbor is asking for some help selling his Jeep.
It's a '48 so I think that makes it a CJ2. Anyway, it's a farm jeep with factory hydraulics and a 2 bottom plow. Rebuilt motor, seats redone, nice paint... Pretty cool little vehicle.

Before I get all research-y, I thought I'd check to see if any of you have recommendations on the best forum(s) to post this for sale.

Local Craigslist already covered.

Thanks for any help.
Chris
N_Jay
CJ2 or CJ3A, I forget the changes, but I think the 3A had a single piece windshield.

I built a 3A for a friend in high school. His was a '48.

I also build a 56 CJ-5 (Short wheelbase, farm options, (Heavy duty axles and suspension, and 3:1 transfer case), but I did not have the PTO or hydraulics.

These things were built to be a cross between a very small pickup and light tractor.

ConeDodger
That's unique enough that it might attract the right attention on BAT... biggrin.gif
porschetub
Very cool,would that have been WW2 surplus ?,appears the wheels are of a latter model,I would expect that would realize good money in an auction.
tygaboy
Thanks guys -
I have no idea about this (or any other!) Jeep or details other than what the owner has told me.
Auction on BAT... May have to give that a look.
Thanks and keep the help coming. beerchug.gif
Chris
billh1963
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 1 2017, 04:21 PM) *

That's unique enough that it might attract the right attention on BAT... biggrin.gif

agree.gif
buck toenges
check here. loads of information and bulletin board.https://cj3b.info

Buck
draperjojo
There is a website called ewillys.com, they have categories like "CJ2A".

Elliot Cannon
Paint it olive drab and mount one of these on it. biggrin.gif flag.gif
Krieger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 2 2017, 08:31 AM) *

Paint it olive drab and mount one of these on it. biggrin.gif flag.gif

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.