Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Clayton... aka Twystd1!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Rusty
Where the fuck are the documents you said would be FedEx'd to me? mad.gif

I paid for this car in March. It's now mid-May, and I've heard nothing but excuse after excuse about why you can't get me something resembling ownership papers. Lost in the mail, I forgot, I didn't know, it can't be done... blah, blah, blah.

I've jumped through every hoop you've put in front of me. I've called you, called Scott (who should have never been put in the middle on this... he's a freaking saint), and called the California DMV.

I know that everybody loves Clayton. Everybody thinks he's freaking wonderful. I wouldn't buy ice water from this guy if I was in hell.

I think he's a lazy asshole, who's only concern was getting the money for the car. After that, screw the buyer.

Please get me my documents, Clayton. Pretty please with sugar on top.
CptTripps
Damn...that sucks.

Hope you get it worked out.
rhodyguy
welcome to my world rusty. sorry to hear of your bs hassle. having to go public as a last option will no doubt piss a number of people off, but a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do. give no quarter. cry havoc and loosen the dogs of war.

k
tat2dphreak
ohmy.gif
I hope this gets worked out!

man, these days you never know when a thread will turn into an episode of manday night RAW wink.gif
spunone
I'M Startin to feel the love happy11.gif
Rusty
In the interest of being fair and balanced... I got an email this morning from Scott. It contained a scanned copy of the registration. Thank you, Scott.

Clayton - please FedEx me the original reg like we discussed over 10 days ago on the phone when I FedEx'd the papers to you overnight.

This whole thing wouldn't have been a problem if you'd just got up off your ass, and went to the DMV and handled the paperwork yourself. Maybe your time is too precious to actually followthru on a sale, though. If you had done that on Friday after your return to California, I would have the registration AND the title by now.

But no... you needed to find some slick-ass way to handle it. Run the papers through Scott, run the papers through a dealer who had nothing to do with the transaction, forge my signature if you needed to, whatever. Remember that conversation on the phone?

Warily... I agreed. If you had just done the right thing at the DMV, I would have the registration AND the title by now.

You needed the money for this car, so I sent it... without having seen any papers on the car at all. Is that my fault? I guess so. I trusted someone and got fucked in the ass.

Once you got my money, you just let shit slide. If you had been a bit proactive and just taken a little responsibility back then, we wouldn't be at this point.

I need the original registration paper... like I've been asking for. FedEx them to me today.
MattR
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 17 2005, 02:46 AM)
I wouldn't buy ice water from this guy if I was in hell.

Thats right, he'd give it to you. Yes lawrence, even you.

Should I post our "conversation"? You're such an ass its not even funny.

I'll give you all a little teaser:

"You got balls, though... taking on an Admin in public. Gotta give you props for that."
JWest
Clayton may be great in person, but my experience with him was less than stellar.

In the past, I have often shipped parts to club members and just told them to send a check in return. Well, I will no longer be doing that because of the issues I had with Clayton.

One bad apple spoils the bunch...
Rusty
QUOTE (MattR @ May 17 2005, 11:59 AM)
Should I post our "conversation"? You're such an ass its not even funny.

No, don't post it. I'll save you the trouble.

But let me say, for someone who didn't want to get involved, you sure do a lot of shit-talking.

You're actually right about two things.  First, Scott is a stand up guy.

Second, you don't know what's happened.  But since you decided to stick your nose in it... I'll share a bit with you.

I sent a cashiers check to Clayton back in March for a car, sight unseen.  I was promised a title.  It's f**king MAY, and I have yet to see a title or a registration.  Time after time, what was promised failed to come through.

As far as I'm concerned, Clayton is pathetic, lazy SOB who fails to live up to his word.  I wouldn't buy ice water from him if I was in hell... and will advise everyone I can to do the same.

I know you SoCal folks stick together... but, geez, you don't have to be blind to see this.

You got balls, though... taking on an Admin in public.  Gotta give you props for that.

-Rusty smoke.gif  

Lawrence,

The admins dont scare me because honestly this club means shit to me. I have my friends in socal that have all treated me really well and I wouldnt trade what Ive gained down here for some stupid internet club.

I dont want to get involved in this. Its not my battle, and I thought I made that clear on the post. BUT all Im going to stick with is clayton being a stand up guy. You dont know him like I do.

Now I dont want to get into this with you, or anyone. This is not my business. I repeat, this is NOT my business, just DONT put down one of my good friends on the board. It really pisses me off.

-Matt

clap.gif

I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. Sorry for ever doubting the omnipotent wisdom of an admin  :worship:  . Will the 914club gods ever forgive me?

This has nothing to do any admin status... simply about you putting your nose where it doesn't belong.

F**k off.

So... I'll give you the same advice again, Matt. If it's not your business (as you admitted), then stay out of it.

Geez, all I wanted was the title and registration to a car that I paid money for two months ago. confused24.gif
MattR
Ya missed one, buddy:

Well, I'm not particularly concerned about what pisses you off, Matt. If you didn't want to be involved, then you should have kept your mouth shut.

I was just saying its probably a miscommunication because clayton is a very busy guy, but not lazy or unfair. You infered all this crap and continued to insult me.

Oh god, and I allowed to say that to an admin? I should have never questioned him. I mean the Germans would have been wrong to question Adolf because he was an admin or something, wasnt he?
SirAndy
QUOTE (MattR @ May 17 2005, 10:51 AM)
mean the Germans would have been wrong to question Adolf because he was an admin or something, wasnt he?

hey hey now ...
just in case you didn't pay attention in class, a lot of germans died because they *did* question adolf.

but of course that doesn't fit right when you want to compare the admins to the nazis ...

dude, that was pathetic ...
finger.gif
MattR
Andy, i see how you interpreted that statement and Im sorry. I wasnt worded properly. My fault. I didnt mean to compare admins to nazis, only try to point out a title doesnt mean anything about the integrity of an individual.
CptTripps
I love watching these play out when I'm not involved in them...

user posted image
Rusty
You're right. I missed one. Thanks for trying to fill in the blanks. Sorry, trying to do too many things at once.

I don't care how busy or twisted his priorities are. Don't accept money if you can't come through. If someone out of state screwed you (or any of the other members of the Clayton fan club), you'd be screaming for blood. I know at least one member who carries a gun who isn't above showing up on someone's doorstep to resolve a situation.

Lemme put this in perspective for those at home, Matt. If I had bought this car from Auto Atlanta - people would be volunteering to jump on a plane to fly and kick Treadway's ass. Clayton isn't anybody to me. I don't care what kind of guy he is locally.

I've been patient. Now I'm airing my grievance hoping for a resolution.

I'm also tired of members who get screwed by other members and that stuff never reaches the light of day. It happens more than we hear about... and then when someone dares to air dirty laundry, people get their panties in a bunch. It's not all peace, love and happiness in the 914 community. When someone gets screwed, they *should* stand up and say something about it. I'd rather know who the shit-bums are, so I know who to avoid business with.

So, if that makes me an ass... so be it. smile.gif

Have a great day, Matt.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Joe Bob
Basically....no paperwork, can't register it, can't drive it on the AAaaarmy base, sir......

So he has a car that can't be used as a driver to his job....logically he needs the paperwork....but he has a car he can't use.....so.....he needs the paperwork.
Meredith
Puppies! I've done my part. confused24.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (MattR @ May 17 2005, 12:59 PM)
// snip//

only try to point out a title doesnt mean anything about the integrity of an individual.

And neither does a fan club rallying to a person's defense demonstrate how much integrity they have.

Don't question my integrity, neighbor.

Tom Perso
I don't see WTF is the problem here. Poor man has been waiting for his paperwork, which is a SIMPLE process... And he hasn't gotten it.

He's paid for a car that still isn't officially his. That'd make me pretty pissed too. I'd be happy he's not coming to get the papers in person. chair.gif

Aaron Cox
cant we all just get a bong.....i mean....get along
user posted image
skline
In Claytons defense, he is extremely busy traveling all over the world with work he is trying to establish. He asked me to try to do what I could and I gave it my best shot. Clayton really is a stand up guy and always does what he says he will. He has helped me out more than I could possibly repay. As Matt says, he would give you the shirt off his back if it would help you. California law requires you to carry a copy of the registration in your car at all times, you can print out the one he sent me last night that I sent to you this morning and carry that in your car. He wasnt at his computer to find your email address so he sent it to me. It does show you as registered owner. The DMV is the one that is supposed to send the title to your house and it should be there very soon. At this point, it is out of his hands. I feel your pain on the part of not having paper work on a car you paid for a few months back. It makes it hard to get insurance and transfer the title in the new state. Just have a little more patience and give it another week or so and it should show up.
MattR
Hey, cant we all get along? beer.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ May 17 2005, 01:14 PM)
In Claytons defense, he is extremely busy traveling all over the world with work he is trying to establish. He asked me to try to do what I could and I gave it my best shot. Clayton really is a stand up guy and always does what he says he will. He has helped me out more than I could possibly repay. As Matt says, he would give you the shirt off his back if it would help you. California law requires you to carry a copy of the registration in your car at all times, you can print out the one he sent me last night that I sent to you this morning and carry that in your car. He wasnt at his computer to find your email address so he sent it to me. It does show you as registered owner. The DMV is the one that is supposed to send the title to your house and it should be there very soon. At this point, it is out of his hands. I feel your pain on the part of not having paper work on a car you paid for a few months back. It makes it hard to get insurance and transfer the title in the new state. Just have a little more patience and give it another week or so and it should show up.

I don't care what Clayton does or where he does it... as long as he FedEx's me the original copy of the registration.

It's something he AGREED to do. mad.gif

Scott, we'll nominate you for sainthood after John Paul gets approved. smile.gif
Jenny
Good idea, Mer.
Jenny
this sucks. It sucks that Lawrence is so upset about it. It sucks that he's had to bring it on the board. It sucks that Clayton hasn't responded to this thread yet. Shitty day. Here's Pebbles. You guys are upsetting her.
tat2dphreak
oh the drama! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Expecting to get anything out of the CA DMV in a timely manner is kinda like believing in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny.
skline
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 17 2005, 11:43 AM)
Expecting to get anything out of the CA DMV in a timely manner is kinda like believing in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny.

I persnally have seen the easter bunny, he and his woman were up at the WCC. I got pictures even. The big one even carries a gun. Which is kind of scary, I have seen him drink. ohmy.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ May 17 2005, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 17 2005, 11:43 AM)

I persnally have seen the easter bunny, he and his woman were up at the WCC. I got pictures even. The big one even carries a gun. Which is kind of scary, I have seen him drink. ohmy.gif

Thanks Scott....now I know how he gets sex!

Oh, and round up all dem puppies...they make excellent tacos. drooley.gif
dinomium
kill!
Toast
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 17 2005, 08:23 AM)
Warily... I agreed. If you had just done the right thing at the DMV, I would have the registration AND the title by now.

Actually, you wont have the California Title for at least 30 days after you submit the paperwork. sad.gif

California is slower that fermented shit when it comes do DMV getting anything done for you. mad.gif You even have to make a DMV appointment like 3 weeks in advance for anything!

Lawrence,
You may want to consider doing a Lein Sale title. You would need somebody in California to help you. (I know you probably dont want to try to depend on another person from here right now thoe....) Anyway, you file an application for Lein Sale, like $25, wait 31 days, and if no one contests the lein sale (like a former owner) then the car is yours and you will be sent a title.

Talk with SLITS. His company does this stuff all the time. And IMHO, Ron is VERY dependable.

GOOD LUCK!
Toasted
davep
does this help?
VegasRacer
There is no implied message in this photo.
I am supporting Meredith.
SLITS
chowtime.gif Pero Carne Asada

Wooof!

I like that one John.......say you keys stick? cool_shades.gif
TimT
Is that pup making pp on your keyboard?
lagunero
ok I can't take it anymore! where is that rabbit with a pancake on it's head?!
SLITS
QUOTE (TimT @ May 17 2005, 02:21 PM)
Is that pup making pp on your keyboard?

pp = pelican parts

pp = puppy poop

pp = puppy pee

Inquiring minds wanta know..........................
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (davep @ May 17 2005, 04:16 PM)
does this help?

depends on what it is?
Toast
Here is Fuss.......... wub.gif
SLITS
ditch the cat, we wanna seeBOOBS
Aaron Cox
user posted image
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 17 2005, 04:26 PM)

agree.gif
Allan
Hhmmm

VegasRacer
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 17 2005, 01:26 PM)

Why not both. Kittens AND Boobs.
Carl
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 17 2005, 01:26 PM)

Here ya go ...
Dr Evil
Carl, you see it too!? I always thought that Ron was a dead ringer for Alfred E Newman
SLITS
I want to thank you both for the compliment as Alfred has far more intelligence than the two of you combined bootyshake.gif
Carl
I thought it was pretty obvious and then thought, "Gee, how about a hat a glasses for the little guy?"

But then, Ron had them already. smile.gif
Twystd1
Just picking up the latest stuff.

Whew.

Interesting thread.

Lawrence, I sent you an e-mail off the board.

By the way folks. I DID screw up the time frames when I left for Chicago, Pennsylvania and Mexico on Biz.

No doubt about it.

The car is now in his name with a California registration.

Other than that.

Thats all I have to say. I just don't chat about this stuff in Public.

Twystd1
Eric_Shea
Excellent reply.
Brad Roberts
The only thing that bothered me about this thread:

The perception that the "admins" have some magical power. BULLSHIT.

We fight in the background as much as the people who fight out in the open clap.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.