Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Bar Trim Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am trying to remove the vinyl panel on top of the targa bar, and it looks like I need to remove the targa bar trim. I've found vertical and horizontal plugs that appear to expose screws - do all of these screw need to be removed? HELP!
CptTripps
THAT one is a ROYAL PITA!

Pull all the screws you can, the bolts for the latch, the grip your butt-cheaks and pull. That's how I had to do it.

Mine came off in one piece, but it looked like crap afterwards. I'l contemplating not putting it ack on till I get one of Camp-914's replacements.

That piece is a bitch!
vesnyder
Doug - Thanks! How about the engine screen cover on each end? I've removed the middle part, but the getting those rubber grommets removed from the end pieces looks like a royal PIA! Any trick?
SLITS
Pair of pliers, rotate like a nut and pull at the same time.........................

Also, if you haven't figured it our yet on the targa bolster, you pull the targa "B" bolsters to get it really clear. Good luck finding all the screws.
CptTripps
agree.gif

...it's a pain too...

I was luckey enough that the PO had already removed them...just put them in with tape.

You getting that thing ready for paint already?

vesnyder
you pull the targa "B" bolsters to get it really clear.

Not sure what you mean here?

Not really getting it ready to paint, just removing whatever I can to better understand what I have. Are those rubber fasteners available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.