Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel in the oil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Graham du Toit
Good evening from South Africa.
I have a 1970 914 that runs on weber carbs. I have had the carbs serviced and have changed all the fuel lines.
I however find that I am getting fuel in the oil and it appears there is a fuel leak between the head and the sleeves.
What coud be the cause of this?
Thanks in advance
Graham
stevend914
QUOTE(Graham du Toit @ Aug 2 2017, 12:04 PM) *

I have a 1970 914 that runs on weber carbs. I have had the carbs serviced and have changed all the fuel lines.
I however find that I am getting fuel in the oil and it appears there is a fuel leak between the head and the sleeves.
Thanks in advance
Graham

Can't answer your question, however, back in '79-'80 I lived in Kinross and owned a 914. Orange, might have been a '71.
Mikey914
I'm curious. Only explanation I could guess is too rich???
bdstone914
QUOTE(Graham du Toit @ Aug 2 2017, 10:04 AM) *

Thanks in advance
Graham

Turn the ignition on and look down the carbs and see if you have fuel over flowing down the venturis. Floats not set correctly or bad neddle valve could cause flooding. Change the oil.
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif Even after servicing, the carb floats could be stuck. It can happen on re-assembly. What you're describing is a very rich fuel mixture and/or raw fuel flowing directly into the intake manifold. Even after servicing, the carb floats could be stuck. It can happen on re-assembly. What you're describing is a very rich fuel mixture and/or raw fuel flowing directly into the intake manifold. Change the oil.
anderssj
I had a similar problem with dual Dell carbs a few years back--floats had started to hold gasoline (so they no longer floated as designed), also bad (sticking) needle valves. Accelerator pump diaphragms were leaking too, though those were secondary sources of the leaks.
burton73
Gas in the oil will kill your engine. The lubricating properties of the oil go to shit after it gets flooded with gas. I had that happen to me in my Second 911 Porsche and then I got the dreaded rod nock. Yep, change the oil.

Bob B
r_towle
Floats set wrong, needle valve is dirty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.