Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us your splitter!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
I'm building a splitter for my car "Lil Bastard" and thought I'd like to see what others have built :-)

Mine will start off being 5" tapering to 3" on the sides and I plan on using six struts. I'm using 3/16's ABS and will likely sandwich/rivet two pieces together but will try a single 3/16 sheet first.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Going to track it?

I think the best splitter i've seen has been Britains yellow AX monster.
tazz9924
just gonna leave this here....
Rand
Somebody who was at a Joe's BBQ jsharp.gif needs to post the pic that's in my memory but can't find on here yet. Cardboard? Duct tape? Not to distract from the OP, but a great memory in history for all of us. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 4 2017, 02:38 PM) *

Somebody who was at a Joe's BBQ jsharp.gif needs to post the pic that's in my memory but can't find on here yet. Cardboard? Duct tape? Not to distract from the OP, but a great memory in history for all of us. biggrin.gif

I remember that, That was 10 years ago!
Elliot Cannon
The cardboard splitter was installed on "Elvira". It didn't last long at speed. laugh.gif I believe it was made of cardboard, plastic spoons and knives and duct tape and was destroyed before a picture could be taken. av-943.gif I miss those BBQ's. sad.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 4 2017, 04:26 PM) *

Going to track it?

I think the best splitter i've seen has been Britains yellow AX monster.

Wow, that is quite nice! It looks like he might have used ABS like what I'm planning instead of the Alumalite that everyone's using these days.
Cool picture!
And, yep FATT Summitt Point Motor Sport Park WV :-)
AZBanks
I've always wondered what this design would look like adapted to a teener.

maf914
One of my favorites:

Rand
^^ That's Kevin Groot's handywork. He sold some for a while, back in 2006 or so, but haven't heard anything for quite some time now. Amazing work. Chris Foley probably knows current info if there is any. A couple of old links:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=55883

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?shotopic=60885
HalfMoon
icon_bump.gif
For more shares
Alphaogre
My stock valance got damaged so I just added tabs and added an old school style one that attaches via dzus fasteners, it's easily removable to connect the tow bars to flat tow.

Started out leaving the sheet metal raw with a matte coating since I like the "trans Am" chin splitter look, but have since painted it black to hide all the chips, dents and crap that builds up on it... biggrin.gif

First Added:
Click to view attachment

Now:
Click to view attachment
Marv's3.6six
Mine. biggrin.gif Custom fiberglass bumper, all steel lower valence, ABF plastic lip.
Mark Henry
confused24.gif ....OK.... unsure.gif

IPB Image

Edit: huh.gif Oohhhhh...... "splitter"....never mind...

bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif
Rand
LOL! Splitters, spoilers, shitters, air dams... Apparently it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.
smokey
smoke.gif
smokey
It's finished !
The lil basterd 2 ... Will be at Werks .
Come N check it out.

Rick McCarthy
smoke.gif
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(smokey @ Aug 8 2017, 11:17 AM) *

It's finished !
The lil basterd 2 ... Will be at Werks .
Come N check it out.

Rick McCarthy
smoke.gif

wub.gif
stugray
QUOTE(maf914 @ Aug 5 2017, 05:54 AM) *

One of my favorites:

IPB Image

Does anyone know who this belongs to?
Perhaps where the MOLD IS?
maf914
QUOTE(stugray @ Aug 8 2017, 08:01 AM) *

Does anyone know who this belongs to?
Perhaps where the MOLD IS?

See Post #10 above by Rand. The attached links tell the story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.