Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 944 parts useful for a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanpaulmc
A local wrecking yard here has 944. On the World here I have read that the seat belts from the 944 are plug and play, for the most part, for 914 cars that came with retractable belts. Are there any suspension, brake, or other components from the 944 that are usable on the 914?
JmuRiz
Maybe if it's a early car you could use the quad gauge to make one for your 914.
Evan0
Second the idea to grab the quad gauge. Its quite a nice piece. I'm working on a my own at the moment based on the 944's gauge.
914_teener
Snag the door switches is my latest. I think they are at least two pole but will work.
db9146
Nice leather hand brake cover - pull it off the 944 handle and fit it to the 914 handle.

Frankvw
Maybe wheels if you have 5 lug. Or the porsche logo badge on the front in case you can live with a red logo. Maybe the windscreenwasher handle from the column....but not sure about that one.
Chris H.
Yes you can remove the pointed plastic gauge fronts and replace them with flat glass or plexiglass.
ThePaintedMan
944 CVs would really come in handy for me! I'd gladly pay you to pull them Sean.
mepstein
Aluminum jack and spare.
bdstone914
Wheel studs for five lug conversion. Rear spacers if it has them 21mm NLA from Porsche.
bdstone914
If it has Porsche script outer door handles they are worth about 100 each.
PatrickB
There's a lot of stuff that fits Volkswagen Mk 2 Jetta/golf...
seanpaulmc
Thanks for the input guys. For the record, I am a total noob!

I went to the yard today and tried to follow up on all your suggestions. I did pull the front seat belts; condition still to be assessed. I pulled the gage pod. No switches as suggest. No outside door handles of note; they looked like the belonged on a Jetta. Missing some trim on them. Spare tire was a steel space saver. And I tried for CVs and failed. I could not break any of the bolts loose. Axles would spin, could not lock them down. And it was hot as Hades here today.

I don't think I have the right tools or strength at this time to get those axles for you. I am 5 weeks out from shoulder surgery and I think it might take more than hand tools. Welcome suggestions.

Also, why are iPhone photos huge and difficult to post?Click to view attachment
seanpaulmc
Other side...

Click to view attachment
seanpaulmc
Gage pod...

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Aug 5 2017, 05:15 PM) *

Other side...

I did a rusty one like that. Lodged the already loose rear bumper in there to counteract the breaker bar. Also lots of wd40. But the 66mm studs were no charge so I saved $60 av-943.gif
Same car also had 3 good 15x6 cookies.

On an auto, one of the axles is 20" iirc and a good fit for Suby trans swaps.
burton73
I am 5 weeks out from shoulder surgery and I think it might take more than hand tools.

Take care of your shoulder or you will need a rebuld
porschetub
In real terms not much more than already stated,maybe front hubs for 5 bolt conversion,not even sure about that,think I'am right.
Was thinking that the brakes maybe handy for a conversion but offsets may be wrong,the 944 always stopped well otherwise they are scrap value basically.
I have both early and late not too much crossing over really,more about the build on these cars early as they were a parts bin ,Audi 5000 transmission,mk1 golf steering column, some parts off an aircooled beetle rear suspension,you get the point ok biggrin.gif .
Pick what you can ,you may get some 15" fuches or cookie cutters for a bargain.
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 4 2017, 08:51 PM) *

Wheel studs for five lug conversion. Rear spacers if it has them 21mm NLA from Porsche.

bdstone914 - what do the 21mm spacers look like? sorry, i am new to all this.
Chris914n6
The hubs are just like 911 but 8mm less track width. Rotors are 911 20mm. Calipers are all wrong.

944 21mm spacers and 66mm studs with the -8mm hubs are not a bad fit for the 914 front. Basically moves the wheel out 1/2".

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 5 2017, 06:07 PM) *

In real terms not much more than already stated,maybe front hubs for 5 bolt conversion,not even sure about that,think I'am right.
Was thinking that the brakes maybe handy for a conversion but offsets may be wrong,the 944 always stopped well otherwise they are scrap value basically.
I have both early and late not too much crossing over really,more about the build on these cars early as they were a parts bin ,Audi 5000 transmission,mk1 golf steering column, some parts off an aircooled beetle rear suspension,you get the point ok biggrin.gif .
Pick what you can ,you may get some 15" fuches or cookie cutters for a bargain.

Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Aug 5 2017, 05:13 PM) *

Also, why are iPhone photos huge and difficult to post?Click to view attachment

unsure.gif

Only the 914 gods can figure that one out.
6freak
brake calipers
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 10 2017, 05:28 PM) *

brake calipers

1983 Porsche 944 - can the brake calipers be used on a 914? Is this a worthwhile conversion?
Chris914n6
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Aug 10 2017, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 4 2017, 08:51 PM) *

bdstone914 - what do the 21mm spacers look like? sorry, i am new to all this.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.