Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat tilt adjuster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TonyA
What is the finish on the seat tilt adjuster? Is it chrome or just a mat finish steel.
SKL1
Definitely not chrome. Just steel with no paint I can see. It does discolor or get surface rust over time.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 4 2017, 06:43 PM) *

Definitely not chrome. Just steel with no paint I can see. It does discolor or get surface rust over time.

agree.gif

see photo..........
Tom_T
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 5 2017, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 4 2017, 06:43 PM) *

agree.gif

see photo..........
IPB Image

IIRC that's a flat silver zinc plate finish on it in the pic above.

If you're needing to refinish yours, then you can group other similar finish parts & take them to your local plater, or Bruce Stone/bdstone on here may have some which he's restored.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Cal
Matt finish.....here are close up photos from when I cleaned the interior of my low mileage '74 2.0L.

Tony, I noticed that you're located in Hilltown.....I live very near you. I sent you a PM.
TonyA
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 6 2017, 10:16 AM) *

Matt finish.....here are close up photos from when I cleaned the interior of my low mileage '74 2.0L.

Tony, I noticed that you're located in Hilltown.....I live very near you. I sent you a PM.

Thanks Cal yes I messaged you back at least tried to

TonyA
Thanks for everyone's help
TonyA
Thanks
dlkawashima
Are there replacement knobs available for the seat tilt adjuster?

Click to view attachment
SKL1
Try 914 rubber or Stoddard...
Ross
Hi, where did you get the boot for your hand break? That looks good.
914Next
QUOTE(Ross @ Aug 17 2017, 01:34 PM) *

Hi, where did you get the boot for your hand break? That looks good.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.