Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Shifter cup bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
Should the white bushing located in the side shift transmission end press on to the rod or simply reside in the housing.

The pictures I have seen it appears to be pressed on the lever. Mine is pushed back in the housing.

Thanks in advance!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
I pulled the housing and the cup does snap on to the shifter selector lever coming from the shift console.

Mark Henry
Normal.
It might get stuck in there as it gets older, but that's typical and nothing to worry about.
ndfrigi
ooops edited: Sir Mike, my experienced with it after around 8x replacing/removing that part, the bushing will come in and out of the small lever. But the bushing cannot easily be remove from the knockle (round end from the console lever). Meaning you have to push in or press in the bushing to the knockle first. Hope it helps you!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 5 2017, 10:39 AM) *

Normal.
It might get stuck in there as it gets older, but that's typical and nothing to worry bout.

Thanks Mark - I installed a new one from 914Rubber. I should be good for another 40 years! smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 5 2017, 10:40 AM) *

Sir Mike, my experienced with it after around 8x replacing/removing that part, the bushing will come in and out of the transmission console lever. But the bushing cannot easily be remove from the knockle (round end of the long lever). Meaning you have to push in or press in the bushing to the knockle first. Hope it helps you!

Thanks Noel - I am buttoning it up now.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 5 2017, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 5 2017, 10:40 AM) *

Sir Mike, my experienced with it after around 8x replacing/removing that part, the bushing will come in and out of the transmission console lever. But the bushing cannot easily be remove from the knockle (round end of the long lever). Meaning you have to push in or press in the bushing to the knockle first. Hope it helps you!

Thanks Noel - I am buttoning it up now.

sorry my bad, edited my 1st message.
Mikey914
I know there's another thread on this but...
Got these on sale for $1.99 This weekend only.

http://shop.914rubber.com/91142413900-Ball...m?categoryId=-1 MDB2.gif

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 5 2017, 11:43 AM) *

I know there's another thread on this but...
Got these on sale for $1.99 This weekend only.
MDB2.gif

Thanks Mark - I have one in my Shopping Cart - I will push the buy button before the weekend is over. Lots of other goodies too - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.