Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Octeenerfest Convoy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Going to Octeenerfest on Thursday 9/14 and wondered who else may be headed that way from the west.

I'm in west TN and would prefer to avoid interstates, but that's not set in stone. Don't have a roadworthy 914 so, will be schlepping that way in a tail dragger.
IronHillRestorations
My intended route, which isn't set in stone. Not taking interstate through Nashville only adds about 30 min, according to GGL maps
Click to view attachment

I've taken hwy 64 to Georgia before. Decent road, some sections are divided 4 lane
Vysoc
Perry,

I would recommend Highway 64 through/from Chattanooga into the Ocoee River area to North Carolina to Hayesville, NC. At Hayesville, past the Ingles, take 175/75 South to Hiawassee,Ga.
Once in Hiawassee, take a left on 76 at the McDonalds, travel South and East through town, you will then turn right and rejoin 17/75 to Helen.This 20 mile segment is as good as it gets!
As you go up the mountain toward Helen you will be afforded two lanes for about 6 miles that will have sections that are banked, use both lanes and enjoy. At the top of the mountain you will actually bisect the Appalachian Trail (Unicoi Gap, 3000 feet). Then its downhill all the way to Helen. This road is just a preview to what is available in this area, have a great trip see you when you arrive.

Vysoc flag.gif
poorsche914
Perry,

Here is a map showing areas where attendees will be coming from. Not too many out your way. Maybe you and Hot Shoe can drive up together. idea.gif
Or convince the Perrines to plan their route along I-40. I think last time they took a more southern route.

Click to view attachment

PS: the pointers are attendees. The circle/stars are locations of Okteenerfest sponsors. INTERACTIVE MAP

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.