Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does this plug in to?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matty900
I am thinking maybe a fuel pump. It is in the donor wiring harness. I am hoping that I did not just take apart a harness for a 6 blink.gif
SirAndy
Not for the fuel pump, the fuel pump plug only has two wires.
idea.gif

PS: This reminds me of the seatbelt interlock wiring, although i haven't touched one of those in over 10 years.
IronHillRestorations
What part of the harness is this? I'm with Andy, looks like part of the seat belt circuit
914Sixer
Got to be seat belt.
mepstein
Did 72's have a seat belt interlock. None on 70 or 71's.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 5 2017, 06:36 PM) *

Did 72's have a seat belt interlock. None on 70 or 71's.

Not on my '72. I thought it was a really late feature - like definitely after '73.
Luke M
I just looked at my 6 harness and that plug is not on it.
I'm not sure what plug is for but you didn't mess up a 6 harness.
mepstein
Where is the plug located on the harness.
JeffBowlsby
Seatbelt receiver and seat pad sensor connections.
Matty900
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 5 2017, 05:20 PM) *

Thank you. I cleaned up my harness, tested every wire and ran new wire to replace the damaged wires. I started wrapping it all back up and by the time I got to the snorkel tube I had slack in some wires and tension on others. Do you recommend waiting until it's in the car to start wrapping it?
Matty900
Not sure if I need to pull the slack out of the wires from the other side of the snorkel tube or unwrap from the fuse panel and wrap it in the car.
idea.gif
mepstein
What year car is this
Matty900
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 5 2017, 07:16 PM) *

What year car is this

72 1.7 http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=275587
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 5 2017, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 5 2017, 05:20 PM) *

Thank you. I cleaned up my harness, tested every wire and ran new wire to replace the damaged wires. I started wrapping it all back up and by the time I got to the snorkel tube I had slack in some wires and tension on others. Do you recommend waiting until it's in the car to start wrapping it?

I think it is miswrapped in places. You should not have that big bulgy condition shown in the upper right corner of the photos, the wrap should be tight to the bundle of wires. I would re-wrap that condition. The factory installed wrapped harnesses and did bti wrap them in the car once installed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.