Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 eBay BIN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gcrotvik
Sold!
gereed75
Hmm, that thing will require about $30-40K just to get to "nice driver" level. Seems to indicate six prices are still "up there".
mepstein
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Aug 7 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Hmm, that thing required about $30-40K just to get to "nice driver" level. Seems to indicate six prices are still "up there".

agree.gif
bretth
I remember seeing this one for sale last year sometime. I remember the missing battery tray and what looks like a previous fire in that area.
thegoat
I wouldn't expect 914/6 prices to go down at this point.
GMTSBarron
Hello, New to this forum…excited to find this group.
Here is another one...

Ebay 914-6 sold

Is it me or am I missing something here?

I know and understand the latest Hagerty and Excellence values...but this seems like a lot to pay for this car...
IMHO, it seems like this car will need major metal work to repair the rust issues you can SEE in the pictures, and what these cars are known for… then a full mechanical and cosmetic restoration.
Any thoughts?

FYI, I WAS on the fence on a pseudo Barn-find I discovered a few weeks ago.
The ebay car quickly yanked me of the fence!!!
Thanks
gereed75
Well looking at the yellow car and the Adriatic blue that got bid up to $80+K, I would say that sixes are holding their own in what I see as a Porsche market lull. It appears to me that the desirable early 911's are off their peek from a year or so ago.

Nice sixes seem to have been plateaued at the 80 - 90 range for the last few years. That is enough to keep the project cars in the game at half that.

Pretty good place to be in my mind considering the softening of the 911 prices

Welcome aboard cheer.gif
dug
After tracking the prices of 914-6 for the last decade. Average project car price in the last 3 years is $35k. Average restored car is $85k, but that is including some pretty high special cars. Orange, Tangerine, Yellow, Adriatic Blue, Willow Green and the Mettalic color cars are mostly $10k higher than Light Ivory, and Irish Green which are the most common and the least 70s:)

However, I think this car should have had -$10k for all the rust repair work it will need. With a full engine rebuild, rust repair and paint job. The new owner will end up spending $80-100k and have to wait a year or more to drive it. As usual, better to buy one that's done, unless you get it really cheap or are doing all the work yourself.

The first graph is only for actual sales, not asking prices.
Blue bars in the graph below are average
Green is max price.
Numbers Matching and Not are obvious
ORIGINAL = unrestored driver, minimal rust, running driving
RESTORED = fresh paint, rebuilt engine, etc
HOTROD = larger displacement engine and other modifications, mostly not matching
PROJECT = needs paint, maybe rust repair, engine rebuild, 50/50 matching and not

Click to view attachment

This second graph includes asking prices and high bids that did not meet the reserve. Legend at the bottom.
Click to view attachment

cheers,
dug
JeffBowlsby
pray.gif Excellent, Dugster.
tygaboy
Awesome.

Dug proves once again, that information is power!

I love data... aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.