Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY BRAND NEW 44 YEARS OLD CAR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HIPPIEKILLER
i Hola todo el mundo !

I have just bought a 1973 914 1.7 FI. Color is phoenix red. New name is "clockwork orange".

I am very happy with this machine, not only because it works amazingly good but also because I met some of the members in the PCA - OCR yesterday morning and I had an excellent impression!

This is going to be fun! smile.gif

The car is in very good shape. Two owners. First bought it new in Fresno. Second lives in Atascadero. And now me. Always in the valley. 55k miles. No reason to not believe the odometer. Repainted. Serviced. A deep review in 2015 with new shocks, hoses, tyres, exhaust, etc, etc. A big folder came with the car. Impressive.

A couple of words about me: from Spain, spent 5 years in Nantes, France, before moving to Huntington Beach. In aerospace industry. Yeeeaaars ago in motorsport, Spanish and European GT open championship (Porsche 997 GT3, Ginneta GT3, F430 GT2...). Love cars. Women. Food. Mechanics. Women (oh wait..), travelling, meeting new people. I'm 33.

And now some pictures. This is all about pictures. And a funny video.

Really looking forward to learn about the car, enjoy it, meet this fabiulous crew and have tons of fun! smile.gif

https://youtu.be/1YhkSTWSH78

theleschyouknow
welcome to the madness!
cool car
cool video -I've got good friends in HB down around Banning & Magnolia but not familiar enough to place your drive I'm guessing north of town?

I'm the third owner of my 73 too, bahia red tho.

have fun

beerchug.gif
cjl
Keith914
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Aug 6 2017, 02:11 PM) *

welcome to the madness!
cool car
cool video -I've got good friends in HB down around Banning & Magnolia but not familiar enough to place your drive I'm guessing north of town?

I'm the third owner of my 73 too, bahia red tho.

have fun

beerchug.gif
cjl

Was good to meet you and chat about our hobby beerchug.gif
Cheers, Keith.
Tom_T
welcome.png

Did they take your pic with your car at the breakfast?

If not, come back after/if you join, & they'll take your new member pic at the next breakfast you make it to.

There is also a New Member Picnic coming up next weekend or thereafter, & another photo opp & chance to meet folks.

Sorry I missed meeting you yesterday, due to my sleeping in! dry.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mlindner
Congrats hippiekiller, you will have fun....and you will meet some great people. Best, Mark
napasteve
Fine looking car Andrés, love the color.

welcome.png
Krieger
Bueno Dude! welcome.png
sb914
welcome.png nice car I live close by. And btw please don't kill me. poke.gif
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png Nice score welcome to the mid-engine madness!!
aharder
welcome.png
Blue6
welcome.png lots of local teeners
PanelBilly
Great looking car
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2017, 08:14 PM) *

welcome.png nice car I live close by. And btw please don't kill me. poke.gif

yup sir Eddy and other members lives in Huntington Beach. And several 914 owners is just around ur city.
Seal beach gathering last year.

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Bienvenidos, Andrés.
HIPPIEKILLER
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

I see that we are a bunch of people around this area. Feel free to PM me for a beer, bbq, lunch or whatever.

By the way, I still need to take a look at the car with some depth. It drives pretty good but I do want to have a check having the car lifter to see her underwear (joints, hoses, potential leaks, sensors).

Does someone know if I can rent some time and tools on a car lifter in a garage? I do not have the means in my gated community parking. Any piece of advice is very welcome.

By the way, here is my other mid rear engine: Opel Speedster. A rare model even in Europe. Veeeery nice to drive also. A true sportscar.

Andres.
forrestkhaag
Lets figure out how to get that Opel here....... OpelWorld

Also, anytime you want to come to the Urban Workshop in on Clinton Street in Costa Mesa by John Wayne Airport, I have 5 lifts available for us to pick from to do an undercarriage inspection. I am a full member and will drive it on to the lift-bay and you can be a "visitor" for the day / while you learn what is underneath your beautiful ride.

beerchug.gif
HIPPIEKILLER
Hi Forrest,

That place seems to be what I need. Thanks for the hint! I went yesterday after swimming to check it out but they close on Mondays.

I will go today after work and planning to wrench a bit this Friday or weekend.

I am going to PM you for some advice.

BTW, I love that engine/car combination. Let me know should you want to swap with my teen. shades.gif
HIPPIEKILLER
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 6 2017, 05:17 PM) *

welcome.png

Did they take your pic with your car at the breakfast?

If not, come back after/if you join, & they'll take your new member pic at the next breakfast you make it to.

There is also a New Member Picnic coming up next weekend or thereafter, & another photo opp & chance to meet folks.

Sorry I missed meeting you yesterday, due to my sleeping in! dry.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Hi Tom,

There was people taking pictures of my car but not sure where they might have ended.

I spoke with Sandy to become a member. He gave me the two magazines also.

Is there a place where I can see all the updated calendar of events around SoCal?

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you next time!
914_teener
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Aug 7 2017, 01:39 PM) *

I see that we are a bunch of people around this area. Feel free to PM me for a beer, bbq, lunch or whatever.

By the way, I still need to take a look at the car with some depth. It drives pretty good but I do want to have a check having the car lifter to see her underwear (joints, hoses, potential leaks, sensors).

Does someone know if I can rent some time and tools on a car lifter in a garage? I do not have the means in my gated community parking. Any piece of advice is very welcome.

By the way, here is my other mid rear engine: Opel Speedster. A rare model even in Europe. Veeeery nice to drive also. A true sportscar.

Andres.

Those pictures look like Las Rambles in Barcelona.

HIPPIEKILLER
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 8 2017, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Aug 7 2017, 01:39 PM) *

Andres.

Those pictures look like Las Rambles in Barcelona.

Hahaha! Nice try, but that pic is right in front on my previous apartment in Nantes, France.

Beautiful city and castles around.
HIPPIEKILLER
I share here one video filmed in 2008 during a track day in Jarama, Spain.

Same day, I crashed the car. Same turn. Same thing. But faster.

https://youtu.be/0psC0cenzd0

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.