Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG i made it 800 miles in my car without a break down
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Im very impressed with myself, subydoo made it 800 miles over two days from tacoma wa to sacramento ca in 100 degree heat. I over came alot to get it down here and im very impressed and relieved i made it without issue and i just had to brag!Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Congrats on the travel!

What are you doing in Sac? If your at UTI for any reason let me know, I work about 5 mins from there.

Once you get on the road putting the miles down is easy!! Especially in conversion cars.. That subaru will keep you going!

Krieger
Congratulations! Good job on getting that strut back together. I've been down that street a few time on my work travels.
Tbrown4x4
Glad to hear you made it down OK. Good luck with school!
Cracker
Way to go!!! I am happy to hear that the strut set-back didn't well...hold you back. Best wishes in your plans at UTI in Sacramento!

Tony
jkb944t
Very satisfying, job well done! piratenanner.gif

Jeff B
tazz9924
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 6 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Congrats on the travel!

What are you doing in Sac? If your at UTI for any reason let me know, I work about 5 mins from there.

Once you get on the road putting the miles down is easy!! Especially in conversion cars.. That subaru will keep you going!

ill be going to school there and i live about five minutes away from there
tygaboy
Way to go! And best wishes for success at UTI.
tazz9924
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 7 2017, 07:39 AM) *

Way to go! And best wishes for success at UTI.

thanks!
Andyrew
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Aug 7 2017, 06:54 AM) *

Congrats on the travel!

We'll have to meet up for lunch sometime smile.gif

Did you bring any of your other projects with you? I enjoy your youtube channel
Robnxious
Congrats and welcome to Sacramento!
cali914
congrats and you don't have to adjust the valves. Hahahahahaha driving.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 7 2017, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Aug 7 2017, 06:54 AM) *

Congrats on the travel!

We'll have to meet up for lunch sometime smile.gif

Did you bring any of your other projects with you? I enjoy your youtube channel

No they got left up in tacoma with caleb. Also im glad u enjoy the channel!
tazz9924
QUOTE(cali914 @ Aug 7 2017, 09:29 AM) *

congrats and you don't have to adjust the valves. Hahahahahaha driving.gif

Well about that.... subaru has solid lifters so you do have to adjust it but it takes alot alot of miles to require an adjustment. one of mine need to be adjusted as it ticks but i don't really care its no causing problems it's just annoying sometimes. Plus its a royal pain in the arse to fix, i was gonna do it when i took off the valve covers but i gave up when i realized u need to take off the cams (timing belt etc) then u gotta get different valve cap things from subaru. in the end you'll hate your life but the valves aren't ticking... lol
RickS
Congrats on the successful trip. Considering the potential for failure in older cars, even with a new motor, one always wonders.

Three weeks ago I drove from Seattle to Rod Emorys (of 356outlaw fame) Campout in McMinville Or and back after having a great 3 days. A trip not nearly as epic as yours. But 2 days after my return with only a clutch cable adjustment in McMinville, my starter crapped out leaving me stranded.

Any long trip without an issue, is a good trip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.