Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni adjustable rear shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
I just won an ebay auction on a set of Koni adjustable rear shocks and 150lbs springs.
Are these good shocks?
How much adjustment is their for raising lowering?
I figured that anything would be better than the KYB's and 110lbs springs that are on my car now.
eeyore
You have adjustable perches. There is a 5 inch long threaded sleeve the gold collar rides on. So theorically, you have about 5 inches of adjustment. In reality, you probably have an inch before the back end gets stupid high.

That threaded collar actually rides down on the little shoulder on the shock body.

See modified pic.
Trekkor
Great shock and spring combo.
Should be very streetable. I think the red's are softer than the yellow's.

KT
Aaron Cox
i have reds.

the only diff between reds and yellows is the AMT of adjustability. a yellow can be adjusted a bit more stiff than a red.
full stiff on reds isnt so fun ... cant imagin yellows full stiff
jgiroux67
So you can adjust stiffness too? I thought the adjusting was just with the threaded collars. Thats just more good news, so was $180 a good price for that set up?
TravisNeff
They are adjustable for rebound with a plastic knob on the top of the shock (or if they are the older style you compress and twist to adjust), the threaded collars are a separate affair - which are adjustable up and down for ride height.

180 is not bad, just the threaded perch kit and springs are $250 new - then there is the shocks. I had the same setup on another 914, reds, adjustable perches and 150lb springs. You'll like them.
Eric_Shea
Very cool... now we have to get you a good guitar and amp laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
stiffness is a tough word.

the threaded collars like mentioned, adjust your ride height.
the newer reds have a knob, and the older ones are compress adjust (push down and twist), and these adjust your effective rebound/damping.
tat2dphreak
I was hoping a club member would win those... they got out of my price range quick!

jgiroux67
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 17 2005, 02:39 PM)
Very cool... now we have to get you a good guitar and amp laugh.gif

Ha, got a problem with an Ibanez Rg and Marshall Mg amp huh?
Eric_Shea
Just "Josh'n" ya...

Bill Reim and Mike Kovins are my friends biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
so, if you won those... who won these: Konis

just curious if those made it to the club too... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.