Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10,000 Mile 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Hey everyone found this link today when my roomate was searching for cars. He's from CO and found this add:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...0202&aff=denver

Sorry for the long link, but It appears to be a 10,000 mile 74 2.0 . I called the guy today and we talked for a little while. Seams a little snooty and sure of his car but overall a really rather nice guy. Now about the car, he has no documentation of the milage, but claims that it will speak for itself. I didn't get into to much detail with him, but if any of you guys in boulder are interested in seeing a possiabley special car this could be a cool one to check out. Anyway just a heads up on an interesting car.
Eric
redshift
OH MY GOD!

IT'S THE ONE I WANTED!

m
redshift
Oh, nevermind.... car lot, fishing.. I thought it was an individual...

Back to our regulary scheduled stuff... waaaah waaaaaah...

M
Eric Taylor
Miles - this might have been the car. He has sold it in the past. I guess a helicoptor mechanic owned it for about two years and then sold it back to him . Hard to say.
Eric
redshift
If there was paperwork, I'd be on it... but to me, it's a 110,000 with good upkeep..

smile.gif

If there is noone to answer that question, hard to get the big bucks.

M
Eric Taylor
That's what I said too, but maybe somone in boulder can check it out.
Eric
Gint
Smooth motors in Boulder is rather notorious for making "claims" that don't always hold up under close scrutiny.

I'd be happy to go look at it for anyone if there is interest. Ferg, and/or Brant would probably be willing also. Hell we could do lunch too.
GWN7
Miles,

they must know your thinking about another car. Read the ad " Seller's Notes: Ten thousand actual, Miles!!!! Don't miss this rare oppurtunity, Colorado Car, This is the one, this car is PERFECT!!! Shown by appoinment only! Dads and Grads, a new set of wheels makes a great gift! Quality used cars, Foreign and Domestic for over 20 years. (888)-889-8723"

just the important part.... "Miles!!!! Don't miss this rare oppurtunity"

wink.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Gint
icon_bump.gif

Ferg, Brant Let's go look at this thing and grab some chow.

Call my cell - 720-480-2540
Ferg
I've already seen this car, and it's been mentioned here before as well, IMO it is NOT a 10k mile car, that was eveident the moment i walked up to it, and it is not all original paint and has IMO sub par accident repair. Don't get me wrong, it could be a very nice car with some work, but its not what it is claimed. ar15.gif

Ferg

Gint, Brant, Lunch sound great but not this week, I'm slammed.
brant
just got online.

I thought this was that same car ferg.
sorry to say it, but that place is a sham!

when ferg looked at the car before, it sounded like a 4K car.

regarding lunch...
what day next week (not monday)
lets do it...
pick a day and I'm there.

brant
Ferg
It was a 4k car couple of years ago... with today prices, 6-8k to be fair, It's been while so the details are fuzzy, and I didn't have a camera, but I know it had overspray, and looking in the engine bay and underneath 10k claim was a laugh...

Those that know me, know that i'm super critical, but I would hate for someone to shell out 19k thinking they bought a concour car. mad.gif

Ferg
Gint
QUOTE (brant @ May 18 2005, 08:52 AM)

regarding lunch...
what day next week (not monday)
lets do it...
pick a day and I'm there.

brant

Looks like we might have trouble gettin Ferg to commit... cool.gif

Ok, Wednesday next week. What about it Mikey?
brant
Ok I'm in...
wed. then.

ginter, anywhere more local to you that you would like to go to? (just don't want to make you drive the whole way)

brant
Gint
I might like to see this 10k mile car for myself anyway. Sometimes it's nice to get outa this joint for a couple of hours. Especially in the spring. Pick a spot and I'm good.
Ferg
I'm in for lunch. If you want to see the car, you will need to call the smooth motors guy ahead of time, he keeps it at his residence, not at the lot.
Ferg.
BMartin914
I remember this thing being for sale last summer and someone saying it was definitely a 110,000 mile car.

So when and where is lunch? I might be up for a mid-day escape.
Gint
Thanks Ferg. I probably won't bother then. But I'm still on for lunch.

QUOTE (BMartin914 @ May 18 2005, 10:31 AM)
I remember this thing being for sale last summer and someone saying it was definitely a 110,000 mile car.

So when and where is lunch? I might be up for a mid-day escape.

You work in or near Boulder Ben? You're welcome to join us pf course. We're talking next Wednesday. Waiting for Brant or Ferg to pick a place.
MarkG
Did I read the ad wrong or are they asking $20K for this car...?????

I looked at a yellow '76 they had last year that was below par for what they were asking.....

I would drive up from Colorado Springs to look at it but since the closed the ToGo's sandwhich shop there is no reason to go to boulder anymore... mad.gif
BMartin914
I don't work near Boulder, but I would take some time to get together with some of you guys, check out a car and grab some lunch.
Gint
That's a helluva drive from CoSprings Mark. I don't blame ya. And I saw the yellow car there also. Totally agree.

Ben, I'm not going to bother with looking at the car and Brant and Ferg have already seen it.
brant
Ok...

ferg I'll give you a ride if you bike that day.

So I'm gonna just have to pick something it looks like.

how about the mexican restaurant on the corner of Iris and 28th? (reasonably accessable from foothills parkway and plenty of parking)

I'll figure out their name... but the service, prices and and food are all good there.

also..
we need to remember that this is the day before Mr. Ginter's birthday so now we have a legitimate reason to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

Gint
QUOTE (brant @ May 18 2005, 11:27 AM)
how about the mexican restaurant on the corner of Iris and 28th? (reasonably accessable from foothills parkway and plenty of parking)

I'll figure out their name... but the service, prices and and food are all good there.

Sounds great to me. It's been too many years since I lived in Boulder though to recall the name of the restaurant.
Ferg
sounds good to me too!
Ferg. mueba.gif

We mangaged to seriously hijack this thread huh...

If someone wanted a serious PPI on this car let me know and I'll put up with all the salesman talk again rolleyes.gif .
brant
Ok..
restaurant is named: Sol Azteca

it used to be a firs cafeteria or something... MUCH better now and pretty good food!

So wed at what time?
noon ok?

address is: 3328 28th st.
Boulder
(303) 442-5550

Its on the corner of 28th and Iris... in the parking lot infront of the albersons store.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.