Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Motor Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
My driver's side all of a sudden stopped popping up. Passenger side works.

If I manually crank it up, it will go down when the switch turns off but wont pop up when on. All the lights work. When I started looking at the wires a couple of the connection opened and now I.m not sure what connects to what. I have 2 hot wires that seem to have been connected to each other.

I used google and site search. No luck. Does anyone have a schematic of just this isolated area? I found some diagrams but they don't indicate what color wires. Need to know which wire coming off the motor goes where....
7TPorsh
Bumping this up again. Still have this issue. Is there any easy diagram anywhere that shows what color wire goes where? All the diagrams I see just show lines but dont say what color the wires are and where they go....
mepstein
switch the headlight relays and see if it makes a difference.

for $20, you cant afford not to have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-1970-1...fRQ&vxp=mtr
JFG
I had exactly the problem you describe, my fault was a faulty relay.
7TPorsh
I matched the wire to the other side but have extrra power wires when the switch is pulled.
Relay is good, motor cycles....always to closed position.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

jim_hoyland
Are the small diodes still connected ? I just went through this. Look on the outer side of the HL motor; see the black coverings ? The diodes is inside that black piece.
Look at the far left side; there maybe two-can’t remember
76-914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2017, 03:58 PM) *

Are the small diodes still connected ? I just went through this. Look on the outer side of the HL motor; see the black coverings ? The diodes is inside that black piece.
Look at the far left side; there maybe two-can’t remember

agree.gif IIRC, Mike Bellis has a link or some info in his signature re: head light wiring. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.