Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 3.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914ltd
I'm looking for a 3.0 engine for a California customer that is buying my 914/6.
Stock intake and exhaust not necessary. Run tested or documented rebuild necessary.

Thanks! Brad

914 Limited Inc.
Brad Mayeur
1162 N. Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria, IL. 61611
309-694-1707
P914LTD@yahoo.com
PotterPorsche
I have a 1979 3.0 bigport that I bought for my 914 6 project. I had it test ran with the stock CIS and had leak down performed. I had fan upgraded, added new carrera tensioners. I also had the shop perform the valve adjustement before performing the leak down. Also has new alternator. I also purschased 40 Weber's with pmo manifolds. I have a video of it running on the test stand. You can also call Gary at GD racing in San Bruno if you want to talk to him about work performed. Only reason I'm selling is I had an opportunity to purchase a complete 3.2 that I also placed on engine stand to verify condition. I'm a long way from doing the conversion, still collecting all the parts

I'm located in Northern California.
amfab
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Aug 9 2017, 02:00 PM) *

I have a 1979 3.0 bigport that I bought for my 914 6 project. I had it test ran with the stock CIS and had leak down performed. I had fan upgraded, added new carrera tensioners. I also had the shop perform the valve adjustement before performing the leak down. Also has new alternator. I also purschased 40 Weber's with pmo manifolds. I have a video of it running on the test stand. You can also call Gary at GD racing in San Bruno if you want to talk to him about work performed. Only reason I'm selling is I had an opportunity to purchase a complete 3.2 that I also placed on engine stand to verify condition. I'm a long way from doing the conversion, still collecting all the parts

I'm located in Northern California.

not to hijack, but I am curious to the price you are asking
PotterPorsche

not to hijack, but I am curious to the price you are asking
[/quote]

914 ltd has first choice. If his customer declines your more than welcome to contact me. I was working on another vw project before listing this.

I searched for over 9 months for a 3.0 and found prices ranging from 7k-10k with no core.

forrestkhaag
That is interesting. Core values are all over the map and SoCal and redefines confused geography.

As a newbie to cores and conversions, I recently purchased blind a core 82 SC on a pallet with no shroud but with fan, housing, dizzy, flywheel, clutch, t/o, no intake but burnt valve guides and rec. to do a top end for 1K. I didn't know if I had been skinned or had a skin.

I tore that thing down to know what was in it and then down to each nut and bolt and bearing / and in my infancy decided to do a full rebuild top to bottom. Now I know.

There are good engines out there for these project and this might be one of them. 7-to 10 K for an unknown entity. maybe but ....

Do you guys remember Prom night?

Pig in a poke or pokin a pig. your 914 conversion to a 6 will have you a squealing like you were at the inquisition (we) endured before the parents of your prom date the next morning when she got busted on the second floor dangling from the second floor balcony by her size D staps.

Sidebar: You get what you pay for.

I paid 1K for an engine in SoCal worth more and it is now fully rebuilt and running to redline daily. If you are over 40, you are out of time.

..........Open the wallet and let the moths out. (World's fastest Indian)

beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.