Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signals flashing E-Brake Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Guberif
Thanks for reading & hopefully helping with any advice.

It's a 74'

When I engage turn signals (left or right) the emergency flasher engages (along with my turn signal light)

The Hazard light also engages the turn signal light (offhand don't remember if that is right or wrong(?)).

Also The brake lights are extremely dim.

Everything worked perfect before I started working on upgrades (which I haven't done yet). The only things that I have done were to get rid of any crimp on's (ends, buts, etc) which are all solid - sauldered connected with shrink wrap; thought I put everything back in proper place - guess not, or I'm seriously missing something, crossed something, or aaaaargh. Oh yeah, also managed to break my finger under the dash, my humor is seriosly lacking on this. . . any advice please\
thanks.
michael7810
QUOTE(Guberif @ Aug 9 2017, 01:25 PM) *

Thanks for reading & hopefully helping with any advice.

It's a 74'

When I engage turn signals (left or right) the emergency flasher engages (along with my turn signal light)

The Hazard light also engages the turn signal light (offhand don't remember if that is right or wrong(?)).

Also The brake lights are extremely dim.

Everything worked perfect before I started working on upgrades (which I haven't done yet). The only things that I have done were to get rid of any crimp on's (ends, buts, etc) which are all solid - sauldered connected with shrink wrap; thought I put everything back in proper place - guess not, or I'm seriously missing something, crossed something, or aaaaargh. Oh yeah, also managed to break my finger under the dash, my humor is seriosly lacking on this. . . any advice please\
thanks.

Probably not what you want to hear but it looks like you need to get a wiring diagram and test light/multimeter and verify every wire you touched is back in its proper place. I mixed up a couple wires on my hi-low headlight relay and it caused all sorts of havoc with the turn signals, flashers and headlights. Heck, it even made the gas gauge go to 1/4 tank when I turned the lights on with the ignition off. Lesson learned was to be sure and take pictures and/or notes before removing any wires and make sure everything works properly before you start making it better. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.