Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front shock inserts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
My '75 has had everything replaced suspension wise after I bought the car with the exception of the front shock inserts.

I have Sport Billistein on rear with 120# springs, 16X6" fuchs front, rear has 7"'s - 5 lug upgrade but that's just the redrilled rotors on front-

Looking for suggestions on best combo of not too soft but not too hard- Rear Billisteins are pretty firm- ive read a few differing opinions here over the past 8 years, just wondering what would be most affordable for a good insert - I can see the ones there now are very old and are loosing their ability to work properly and should change this out before Okteenerfest.

so, what are my options? Who carries them besides the usually culprits like AA or Stoddard, Ecklers etc? any of our venders? Eric, PMB? I got all my brakes from there- I think I got the rear shocks from an E-bay seller, I cant really remember now that's been 4-5 years ago,

Thanks Phil
BillC
I put a full set of Bilsteins on my car a few months ago. The ride seems to be smoother than the old shocks I took out.

I got mine from Summit Racing (summitracing.com). They had the best prices when I was searching around. They (appear to) sell the full Bilstein line, so if you have the part number you can order it.
Joe Ricard
Back in the day I bought some Koni race valve inserts. They were to short so I cut the strut tube down and re-welded. Fit perfect and gave me more travel to the bump stop. I don't remember the numbers anymore but with front 19mm torsion bars with poly fitted bushings in Lower A arms gave a nice ride.
Matty900
I went with the Sachs. I got them from Eric at PMB. Just getting ready to install them now.
jim_hoyland
Bilstein B4 will give the most comfortable ride, B8s are their stiffest. I just went to B6 from B8 and find the front still too stiff for street driving. Wish I had gone with the B4s
Bought them from Rebel Racing in SLO, CA
GeorgeRud
What's the intended use for the car, street or track? I have Bilsteins on one car and Konis on the other, but can't really notice any great difference. If it's a street driver, the Sachs or Boge shocks should work fine as well.
Joe Ricard
I had AFCO double adjust road race shocks out back . It was like riding on magic dampened bad ass cloud.
mepstein
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 11 2017, 09:46 AM) *

What's the intended use for the car, street or track? I have Bilsteins on one car and Konis on the other, but can't really notice any great difference. If it's a street driver, the Sachs or Boge shocks should work fine as well.

I've driven both on a 914. The Sachs/boge are a good value and work fine. The bilsteins are great. I'm sure the konis fall into the great category as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.