Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RS Features 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
FYI - Road Scholars has a feature article on 914. Not sure if members here or not, since their screen names may be different.

http://roadscholars.com/legacy-porsche-914/

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Front yard mechanic
Nice looking car I'll watch for it on the road driving-girl.gif
bandjoey
Great story.
Big Len
Thanks for sharing. Agreed, great story.
krazykonrad
Great story!

beerchug.gif

Konrad
76-914
agree.gif A great read.
mepstein
I must have skimmed it too quickly. I didn't really connect. OK story but really light on the 914 content. He had a high mileage 914 then built one for his daughter from a parts car, painted it purple and put on an ugly rear spoiler. confused24.gif
Tom_T
Mark,

If you lived with a 914 through the heart of the NARP denigration & outcast years in the 1970's - let alone the media's laser focus on only the classic 911s, 356s & racers, as well as the recent top models - then ANY positive media coverage about 914s is good news!

Besides, kudos to anybody who can resurrect a 914 from parts & parts cars to bring a son/daughter into the fold! driving-girl.gif driving.gif

If not enough tech & wrench content for some, then you need to remember that it's also about the people in the hobby!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
I know what you are saying and I agree but... It's a double edge sword. The renewed interest has increased prices. I'm usually a buyer, not a seller so it's more competitive and costly now. I've liked these little cars since I was young and not in favor, so other people liking them or not has no effect on me. I do like reading about them, I will read the story again since all I remember is the guy built two 914's using the same 500k engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.