Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: WTB / WTT: Speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Morrie
Found one! Thanks Guys!!
==================
Hi Guys,

My 76 914 came with a nice, fully functional, silver dot speedometer. The odometer works, as does the trip odometer and reset.

EDIT: My part is an interesting piece to me. The PO said it was redone by NHS and after really looking at it i think he had a late 150MPH speedo modified with the silver button and needle from an early 120MPH silver dot? Does that make sense? Anyway, I am adding a picture. After thinking it over, maybe it is just simply from a 911 or 912. Anyway, it works well and looks nice, just doesn't match.

I am looking to trade someone for a later type that would be correct for my 914, or to purchase a later style speedometer. Looking for a fully functional one, but can handle cleaning / polishing glass and painting bezel if needed.

Let me know what you have. Please respond in the open here, or via PM. I see these all over for sale on evilbay and The Samba but wanted to start here with the community.
914Sixer
I have 4 or 5 speedometers. Let me test them.
Morrie
Hi, Mark,

Thanks for being willing to test them!!!

Kind regards,
Morrie
GaroldShaffer
Morrie,

as stated n my PM tested and everything works.

timothy_nd28
I kinda prefer the look with the late gauge with the early silver dot needle. I just made a set of gauges for the Okteenerfest event and I made the speedo this exact same way.
Morrie
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Aug 11 2017, 01:27 PM) *

I kinda prefer the look with the late gauge with the early silver dot needle. I just made a set of gauges for the Okteenerfest event and I made the speedo this exact same way.

I totally agree. Just doesn't match the other three in my 76. I did think about going the other way and replacing the other three gauges with silver dot versions, but decided to stay somewhat true to the model year in this case.

Morrie
914_7T3
QUOTE(Morrie @ Aug 11 2017, 11:39 AM) *

I totally agree. Just doesn't match the other three in my 76. I did think about going the other way and replacing the other three gauges with silver dot versions, but decided to stay somewhat true to the model year in this case.

Morrie

Would you be interested in selling the Silver Dot separately? I could use a clean one might save me the trouble of a rebuild on mine. Let me know.
Morrie
I wanted to post a general comment here. First of all, I did find a speedometer at a very reasonable price from a BBS member here. What I did not expect was to have several of you guys offer to help me, all with very fair offers, great communication, and super helpful folks. I got overwhelmed and ended up almost buying at least two of them but ended up picking one. The community here is impressive, I am in awe and so very humbled by the help and support for a new guy like me. I've owned 911s, 912s, and 924/944s but this is the nicest group I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. THANKS!!!
Morrie
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Aug 11 2017, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Morrie @ Aug 11 2017, 11:39 AM) *

Morrie

Would you be interested in selling the Silver Dot separately? I could use a clean one might save me the trouble of a rebuild on mine. Let me know.

Yes I would. When I get my replacement part from the great guy here on the BBS who agreed to sell me one, and get it swapped, I'll reach out to you. I'd be happy to sell it for just what I have into mine, and everyone wins!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.