Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED Fog / Driving Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Who makes an LED Fog light that will fit into the rectangular opening in the front bumper ?

I currently have a pair of NLA dual beam H3 type lights and would consider retrofitting them with LEDs, but haven't located yet too
DRPHIL914
Jim , I had been investigating this and I ordered some off E-bay last week . they just came today! - I will take some pictures and post them - they are an LED but same spade connector as any H3 bulb- but I had also already taken and put in brand new cool blue lights and that made a huge difference! im sure the LED will be even better-
I had to scrap doing the LED lights on the main headlight , my relay would not trigger when pulling stock for the high beam! - several others have had this happen, one person that did not have the Jwest flasher conversion that I have, and I know you have it but didn't have a problem , so I now have HID bulbs in a H4 compatible housing that has Halo's!- will post pictures of this LED tonight!
P
Phil - ps - if you search on ebay H3 LED - you will find several
jim_hoyland
Am I correct that my current fogs cannot be fitted with LED bulbs ? That would really make the conversion easy
914Sixer
Go to superbrightleds.com. 2 choices depending on brightness wanted to replace H3 bulb. Quick and easy. That was just the 1st one I pulled up, lots more options for H3 LED replacement.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 10 2017, 07:10 PM) *

Go to superbrightleds.com. 2 choices depending on brightness wanted to replace H3 bulb. Quick and easy. That was just the 1st one I pulled up, lots more options for H3 LED replacement.

Thanks ! I wasn't sure a bulb only replacement would work; the headlight LED from 914 Rubber have a little square box between the bulb and the connection pt
DRPHIL914
It's different, straight up plug and play
Mikey914
The H3's at Superbright will not fit in the housings, at least not for the higher power ones. I ordered one to check.
DRPHIL914
These will work
partwerks
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 10 2017, 07:18 PM) *

These will work

Is there a part number for it?
jim_hoyland
How about these ?

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-CREE-LED-Light-...led+cree+yellow
Spoke
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 11 2017, 08:00 AM) *

How about these ?

I can't tell if they'll fit. The product specs say dimensions are 10x4x2 inches. I think they're referring to the box. dry.gif

Looks like they should be bright. They use Cree's XBD LEDs which kick ass. If you do get them, be very careful in handling as the 4 XBD's on the outside of the unit look to not have a lens. The built-in lens on the XBD's are some type of RTV-like substance which is easily damaged if touched aggressively.

We just made a pool light for a colleague using 24 XBDs with red, green, and blue LEDs. The original pool light had 2 white halogens with a rotating lens for other colors. By flicking the power on/off/on the rotating lens would stop with the desired color.

We went one step further and made an RS232 link between the LEDs and a control board outside the pool with a BLE processor. Now the LED light is controlled via smart phone app.
DRPHIL914

Those should work - Spade connector, etc all right design and fit, only issue could be how long are they. if too long they could hit the built in deffuser shield inside there that deflects the light downward. for now until mine come I put in new bright cool blue halogen lights I got at local flaps for $6.00 each and the difference is amazing- but I want the LED so I can have the halo hooked up to fog light switch at same time with out overloading that fuse. so I will put the LED in when I pull the bumper for paint next month- - let me know how they fit when you get them in.

Phil
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Aug 11 2017, 09:59 AM) *

How about these ?

I can't tell if they'll fit. The product specs say dimensions are 10x4x2 inches. I think they're referring to the box. dry.gif

Looks like they should be bright. They use Cree's XBD LEDs which kick ass. If you do get them, be very careful in handling as the 4 XBD's on the outside of the unit look to not have a lens. The built-in lens on the XBD's are some type of RTV-like substance which is easily damaged if touched aggressively.

We just made a pool light for a colleague using 24 XBDs with red, green, and blue LEDs. The original pool light had 2 white halogens with a rotating lens for other colors. By flicking the power on/off/on the rotating lens would stop with the desired color.

We went one step further and made an RS232 link between the LEDs and a control board outside the pool with a BLE processor. Now the LED light is controlled via smart phone app.

I would love to do this to my pool too! that is nice and bright!
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 11 2017, 05:00 AM) *

How about these ?

Jim, did you ever complete the install? If so, how did it work out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.