Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Hot August Nights for those who can't come
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
So Hot August Nights is upon us here in the Reno area. It's always a fun time of the year because the classic cars are thicker than thieves on our streets and highways. This year, they added a feature. All week long, the Rancho San Rafael Park is full of vintage trailers. McMark has a vintage trailer he is restoring so I thought I would share.

This first one came all the way from Texas towed by that Cadillac. Salty old guy with a really nice wife. Says his kids can't wait for him to kick so they can get their hands on that trailer!
ConeDodger
I think McMark may need some pet flamingos!
ConeDodger
This was one of my favorites. The interior was so spacious! Plus, I love old trucks!
ConeDodger
This was a local couple. She recognized me and me her. We work in the same field and have come into contact with each other professionally. He is a VW guy and they found the trailer in a yard out in Cold Springs and approached the owner and offered to buy it. They wound up getting it for helping the old gal with her yard work and doing a couple dump runs. They are the second owners!
ConeDodger
The color scheme was not what I would have chosen, but the condition of this trailer was nothing short of perfect!
ConeDodger
Another...
ConeDodger
That monstrous truck was towing this little trailer. They're both amazing!
ConeDodger
This one reminded me most of McMark's trailer. Some of these got pulled out of a field and taken completely apart and restored, others, just cleaned up. Great people! So friendly and welcoming.
ConeDodger
smile.gif
ConeDodger
This one belongs to the editor of Vintage Trailer Magazine. Tows it with that old Hudson.
arne
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 10 2017, 02:49 PM) *
This first one came all the way from Texas towed by that Cadillac.
Rob, that's an Olds... poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(arne @ Aug 10 2017, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 10 2017, 02:49 PM) *
This first one came all the way from Texas towed by that Cadillac.
Rob, that's an Olds... poke.gif

Sorry, you're right. I can't see the little thumbnail pics! blink.gif
ConeDodger
So the trailers were this morning. This afternoon, I hit the Grand Sierra Hot August Nights Cars. The cars are spread out between 2-3 venues with the biggest being Grand Sierra followed by the Peppermill. I beg your pardon if you aren't in to 50's - 60's trucks because what follows is heavy on trucks...

Arne, here's your Caddy! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Flames are back. If they were ever gone...
ConeDodger
I've always thought that if I were to go back to a 50's or 60's car, Crager SS's would be perfect but they seem to be about as rare as can be...
ConeDodger
Chevy's
ConeDodger
Me and trucks. I have loved them since high school when I traded a 10 speed for a 59 Chevy stepside...
ConeDodger
This guy has the patina thing and he's a WWII artist...
ConeDodger
Corvette.
ConeDodger
There was a bug or two...
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
So bright it hurts!
ConeDodger
Need anything delivered?
McMark
Yup, those look a lot better than mine right now. av-943.gif
ConeDodger
Inspiration? blink.gif
Valy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 10 2017, 03:01 PM) *

The color scheme was not what I would have chosen, but the condition of this trailer was nothing short of perfect!

Where is Jeremy Clarkson? He will make good use of those.
ConeDodger
Had dinner with TC last night. He is in town for one more day and then flys out early Sunday.
PanelBilly
Too cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.