Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keeping it cool!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Localboy808
So over the next few weeks I will be putting my motor back together. I'll be painting the engine compartment first. I will change all the engine bay seals. I've been searching around I can't seem to find a replacement seal that goes on the piece of engine tin against the oil cooler. Is this available anywhere? Any advice would be appreciated! At this time I don't want to do a remote cooler just yet. The motor is a 1.7 case. 1.8 heads and changing the pistons and jugs to make it a 1914? It's got dual 40 Kads at the moment. An an 009.

Scott
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Localboy808 @ Aug 10 2017, 07:33 PM) *

So over the next few weeks I will be putting my motor back together. I'll be painting the engine compartment first. I will change all the engine bay seals. I've been searching around I can't seem to find a replacement seal that goes on the piece of engine tin against the oil cooler. Is this available anywhere? Any advice would be appreciated! At this time I don't want to do a remote cooler just yet. The motor is a 1.7 case. 1.8 heads and changing the pistons and jugs to make it a 1914? It's got dual 40 Kads at the moment. An an 009.

Scott

914 Rubber. Call if you cant find on web site.
914Sixer
The seal comes on new coolers. Go to the big box stores and get a roll of weatherstrip. Should do the job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.