Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior vinyl pieces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Installing my interior and saved all the old pieces for patterns. But I don't know where these two pieces go. The markings on the old ones are really no help.

car did not have a console or deposit box.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I'm pretty sure it's the front of the crossmember under the seats. Just to cover the paint/transition at the end of the carpet.
sb914
agree.gif
bbrock
agree.gif
rgalla9146
Don't they glue to the top edge of the back wall at the outside shoulders of driver and passenger ?
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 11 2017, 10:14 AM) *

Don't they glue to the top edge of the back wall at the outside shoulders of driver and passenger ?

That would be the longer strips above the red circled ones. Mine actually wrap around the seam and are secured by glue and the door seal.
Tom_T
agree.gif Mark has them both right.

Test fit those short pieces & they should wrap perfectly on the front of seat cross member, just between the raised areas on the side, then mark & mask the floor so you can spray that surface neatly without too much overspray clean-up afterwards (assuming you're using one of the 2 surface spray adhesives like 3M 77, 90, etc.).

Do the same test fit, mark & mask for the rest too, but only spray a couple of small or 1 large piece at a time (spraying both floor area & leather backside) to give you enough out-time/dry time to get it positioned & on comfortably. Use a couple-a-3-4 long wooden dowels from Home Despot/Lowes to lay under the leatherette to prevent contact with the sprayed floor surface while you position & smooth-out & roll it on, moving them out of the way while working from one end to the other.

If you've ever done Formica/etc. with 2-surfact application contact cement - it's a similar process. A small rubber roller helps with the final step of pushing the vinyl into the floor/cement, but a sturdy new/unused small paint roller can work, but requires more going back-n-forth since you can't push it as hard into the vinyl/floor.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Costa05
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Aug 11 2017, 06:50 AM) *

Installing my interior and saved all the old pieces for patterns. But I don't know where these two pieces go. The markings on the old ones are really no help.

Click to view attachment

I would be interested in purchasing your old pieces you saved for patterns to do the same thing you are doing. Or if someone has similar templates in electronic form they would share.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 11 2017, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 11 2017, 10:14 AM) *

That would be the longer strips above the red circled ones. Mine actually wrap around the seam and are secured by glue and the door seal.

Mark is right about the ones above the circled pieces, they mount vertically and wrap around the door pinch weld.
The ones that cover the crossmember have notches for the seat recliner tooth piece. They are the upper left pieces
Attached is a picture of my old rotten 1970 interior showing the last visible vestige of the rectangular piece in question.
Dimensions may help.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Aug 11 2017, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Aug 11 2017, 06:50 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I would be interested in purchasing your old pieces you saved for patterns to do the same thing you are doing. Or if someone has similar templates in electronic form they would share.

We actually have the patterns and sell these as a kit. Yes the smaller rectangle pieces go at the seat belt area. We are now including in our kits even though the site has not updated it.

http://shop.914rubber.com/6-piece-floor-vi...m?categoryId=-1

Mikey914
These go like this

Matt may have a better picture of the seat belt area.

These come up more often with the carpet replacement as most are gone or in poor condition. A detail that really finishes out the interior
mepstein
I was just guessing - incorrectly but now I'm sure Rory is correct.
Mikey914
Matt has some pictures I'll have him post up of how it goes.
Mark
Mikey914
Also if interested I could do a GB for $24 shipped (domestic) biggrin.gif
Matty900
They go in the area below the rear window that you can see behind the back pad.
Matty900
Here's another one
Matty900
A customer sent me this photo. It was the 1st time he has seen it and had done 7 cars
arne
Those pieces were still in my '73 when I stripped the interior. I hope my vinyl kit has them in it!
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 12 2017, 12:00 AM) *

A customer sent me this photo. It was the 1st time he has seen it and had done 7 cars

Click to view attachment

That is the picture I needed. Looks like this is where they go.

Thanks much...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.