Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roof restoration trick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
Hi Guys,

My roof is almost never on so it was one of the last things on my mind. It was original paint, with a lot of whiting, and stains that cleaners did not seem to work on.

Also I got some specs of compound on it from working on the paint, so to put it plainly it was a mess.

I got what I needed to do a repaint, then something came up and I needed a quick fix.

Somehow, GOOGONE came to mind. I sprayed it liberally all over and got to work with a stiff brush. I am amazed at how well it cleaned up I then wiped it down with a clean cloth and kind of burnished it and voila. I think it came out quite well.

Might save some of you roof angina!

beerchug.gif

Let me know if it works for you.
Montreal914
Pictures... popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 11 2017, 12:48 PM) *

Pictures... popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif

welcome.png

popcorn[1].gif

I've also heard of folks getting good results spraying it with 409, Windex, Soilant Green or whatever that stuff is called, etc. & then brushing it all clean.

BTW - The OE & ending finish should be a satin or semi-flat black BTW, in case folks are thinking they were shiny/gloss black with the bumps/pebble finish.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
wndsnd
Sure. Tomorrow.
Front yard mechanic
I sprayed goo gone on my roof vagina and it's still a mess
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.