Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Banged up left rear fender.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmtrnavsky
I have a left rear fender that is banged up pretty good because my ex-wife backed into it. It has been a long time but I'm in a place in life where I can play with my 914 again and I need to fix this. Whats the best way to go about it? SHould I just roll fibreglass fenders all the way around? does someone make fenders that are wider than stock but not as wide as 194-6 fenders? is it easy to install an aftermarket steel fender? or should I leave this to a body shop? I also have a right front with some damage where it looks like a previous owner hit a curb and fixed it themselves.

thoughts? Sorry, I don't have pics right now. I'm about to pull it out of storage in a week or so.
TheCabinetmaker
Stock 914-6 fenders are no wider than a 4 cylinder car.
Cairo94507
If you are leaning towards going wider, take a look at Tangerine Racing's flares:
http://www.tangerineracing.com/exterior_panels.htm I really like them a lot and if I ever do another 914, these would be my choice. I just see so many GT flares that I think this a nice alternative and pretty low-profile too.
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 11 2017, 01:02 PM) *

If you are leaning towards going wider, take a look at Tangerine Racing's flares:
http://www.tangerineracing.com/exterior_panels.htm I really like them a lot and if I ever do another 914, these would be my choice. I just see so many GT flares that I think this a nice alternative and pretty low-profile too.

I feel like 1 inch in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear would give it a nice look and still look good with stock wheels and tires. I have a fairly low wide tire now and it looks pretty tight in there. Maybe a narrow wheel spacer if it looks weird? Or wider non-stock wheels? I just like the factory alloys.
Chris914n6
Eastwood fender lip roller would likely get you the extra space too. I roller my rears out an inch easily. I've got enough space for a 245 on Boxster offset wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.