Toast
Dammit.... mad.gif
Toast
Not today baby girl. Good night. sad.gif
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Dammit! sad.gif
Toast
No worries ConeDodger. I'm never offended when people come to Vegas and they cannot get together. It is Vegas after all. ;-)
Thanks everybody for following and all of your support this far.!
toast.gif
euro911
Fuel hoses?

Make sure to get, yourself, (uh ha, ha, ha, ha) (ZZ-TOP) ...

... the SAE 30R9 type (ethanol/F.I. rated) hose(s)

EDIT:

On second look, is that your left rear caliper leaking?
76-914
Go with Gates barrier hose. The Goodyear stuff kinks very easily and may do so when you reset the tank. beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
Today's date was HOT (outside) lol-2.gif

Getting the tank out required an unusual amount of effort, like the tank expanded to fill the hole huh.gif But it went in easier.

While waiting for my assistants to clean the tank out I tackled the little things:
Replaced the randomly beeping horn ring biggrin.gif
Installed the door catch. Found the old broken one hiding in the door confused24.gif Also lubed the latch while I was there.
Toast found an extra lens in a box of dirty junk spare parts.
Lastly got the replacement pump installed just like Ron would have did with fresh hose. Behind the pump is the 75-76 isolater bracket. Pretty nifty.

I thought she was exaggerating but right as we were cleaning up she got another drive-by offer. unsure.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next step is to replace the fuel line on the engine then it should be good to start. If we're lucky none of the FI pieces went kaput. piratenanner.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 27 2017, 08:28 PM) *

Today's date was HOT (outside) lol-2.gif

Getting the tank out required an unusual amount of effort, like the tank expanded to fill the hole huh.gif But it went in easier.

While waiting for my assistants to clean the tank out I tackled the little things:
Replaced the randomly beeping horn ring biggrin.gif
Installed the door catch. Found the old broken one hiding in the door confused24.gif Also lubed the latch while I was there.
Toast found an extra lens in a box of dirty junk spare parts.
Lastly got the replacement pump installed just like Ron would have did with fresh hose. Behind the pump is the 75-76 isolater bracket. Pretty nifty.

I thought she was exaggerating but right as we were cleaning up she got another drive-by offer. unsure.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next step is to replace the fuel line on the engine then it should be good to start. If we're lucky none of the FI pieces went kaput. piratenanner.gif

Do you have a steering rack pan for it ? If not i can donate one as that pump should not be exposed like that. BTW I like the hitch pin you used in the door stay pin. I hate trying to get the cotter pins out of those.
Toast
Hi guys. Just wanted to post some updates.

So I finally got her fired up for about one minute on 9/14. biggrin.gif cheer.gif
Replaced all the fuel lines. Now no leaks. Here is a before pic. Notice one of the clamps is original. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

After cranking forever without starting I let it sit until 9/13. Then there was no ignition. bs.gif So replaced the ignition switch.
After fire up it ran sloppy for a minute. Pulled a spark plug....

Toast
Click to view attachment

Yeah.... So going to replace those with some cheepies then see if I can burn off all this crud out of the system then replace them again with good ones.

Getting closer! aktion035.gif cheer.gif

Thanks for following and for all of your help!!

toast.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 15 2017, 07:21 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Yeah.... So going to replace those with some cheepies then see if I can burn off all this crud out of the system then replace them again with good ones.

Getting closer! aktion035.gif cheer.gif

Thanks for following and for all of your help!!

toast.gif

Those plugs are toast!! biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 27 2017, 08:35 PM) *
BTW I like the hitch pin you used in the door stay pin. I hate trying to get the cotter pins out of those.

Looks like one of the rear brake pad retaining pin clips!!

--DD
euro911
Keep plugging away at it. BTW, NGKs are good plugs shades.gif

EDIT:

... oh, and how about an oil change?
Toast
One step at a time Mark. rolleyes.gif
euro911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/N-uyWAe0NhQ
Robert21
Found this from old times
boxstr
Those injectors look like they could stand a trip to a fuel injection rebuilder.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.