Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:, Porsche Hood Crest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Craigers17
I have for sale a Porsche hood crest, with grommet, and 2 clip pins. It came with a bunch of parts in boxes with my newly acquired project. It is probably old, but never installed and still in original plastic.

Has p/n 901 559 210 20 on the back side and says it was made in Germany. Also says it's a 911 badge on the pkg, but it fits the holes in my 914.

Asking $75.00.... don't really know the value, but that looks about $25-45 cheaper than anything I could find on Ebay.

Pay by paypal, cash or check.

Thanks,
CraigClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tom_T
It's called out for 911 cuz the 914-6 & 914/4 never officially had them installed, but many owners added one after the fact, as apparently did your PO.

They used the red-orange bands version up to 73 MY, then went to a red band 74-76>, & the one you have with the clearish translucent red paint over the pebbly background behind the paint was the later 911 version, but I don't recall the MY it started. If you look at the Porsche website under the Classic section's Classic Parts, they show all 3 versions with the applicable MYs & current new pricing FYI.

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Craigers17
Tom,

Thanks for the info...that sheds some light on why it is offered as a 911 badge.

-Craig
tweet
That badge may be vintage. Color looks burgundy. If it is burgundy instead of red it is vintage. I have on just like it I bought new in 1992, also still in the baggie with rubber gasket and mounting clips. The newer ones are more red.
Craigers17
Sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.