Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on Throttle Cable Selection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morrie
Hi, Guys,

I've got a project 75 914 1.8 with dual carbs that needs a new throttle cable, and I was also going to pick up one for my 76 2.0 D-Jet to have for a spare. I have looked at the usual suspects for suppliers, and see Weltmeister, Porsche OEM, Terry, Gemco, and Cofle branded cables ranging in price from sub $10 clearance prices for some all the way to near $60.00 for others.

I'd apprecaite any feedback from personal experiences of the group. My initial thought is to lean towards the OEM or Terry cables, but appreciate any feedback before I lay my money down.

Thanks guys!
Morrie
dlee6204
I've had hit or miss success with the cheap cables. The last cheap cable I installed I could never get to operate smoothly and it was slightly too short. I bought the terry cable and it was night and day difference. Definitely not the cheapest cable but better quality.
jim_hoyland
agree.gif Terry has been the most reliable. IIRC they will make you s custom length.
Morrie
Sounds good guys, Terry cable it is. Thanks for the feedback!
porschetub
I often thought of getting a custom braided stainless wire one made up,have one in my speedster replica and it is really smooth to the extent the return springs on my Weber throttle shafts are more than enough to do the job.
Iam running a Cofle and it fitted good but I have custom throttle set-up on my car,so made it easier beer.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.