Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roll cage padding ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
where can i get roll cage padding that will pass tech on the "big track" ???

i need to pad up my cage!
driving.gif Andy
ArtechnikA
all the usual places -- Simpson, Pegasus, RacerPartsWholesale...
joea9146
www.stableenergies.com
Trekkor
What makes *real* roll bar padding any differant than the pipe insulating foam you see at the hardware store?
( real question )

That said, they have it at Wine Country Motorsports in Sonoma at the track.

KT
Rough_Rider
If your racing Andy you'll need to get the newer FIA approved stuff. Pricey but if memory serves its fire & crash tested.
Rather than just some foam insulation that'll only stop scratches...
sjhowitson
http://www.ioportracing.com/.

I just got a bunch of the padding from these guys. They are great to work with. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
Summit Racing
jonwatts
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 18 2005, 07:24 AM)
What makes *real* roll bar padding any differant than the pipe insulating foam you see at the hardware store?
( real question )

MUCH more dense and will slow the impact between your head and the rollbar. Seriously, roll bar padding is part of crash protection. Would you go out on the track in a bicycle helmet?

Plus the fire resistence, I hadn't thought of that. Now I'm tempted to go to the hardware store, buy some foam padding and see how it burns. That would make for a cool thread.

SirAndy
QUOTE (jonwatts @ May 18 2005, 09:34 AM)
Plus the fire resistence, I hadn't thought of that. Now I'm tempted to go to the hardware store, buy some foam padding and see how it burns. That would make for a cool thread.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

schanks for the answers guys, i'm shopping!
boldblue.gif Andy
brant
Ditto the new fire approved stuff.
buy it to start with and then your done.

It is pricey, but many of the different sanctioning bodies are phasing in the new stuff...

I have the old, Automotive approved stuff and had to buy a 2nd time to get the fire stuff.

Old stuff melts nicely. (and I'm not talking about home depot)

wouldn't want that to happen on your face!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.