Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what's wrong with this picture?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, I am reassembling the right(3,4) head onto the engine... I tightened down the head nuts about as much as I feel comfortable with(afraid of over torquing)... I put back on the rocker assy. but I think I did something wrong... the valves on the rear cylinder(arrowed in the picture) seem WAY to tight... I lossened the valve adjusters all of the way and they are still too tight against the spring... I rotated the engine(thinking it may just be the timing) and they stay tight still...

what did I do wrong?
do I need to tighten the heads more? is this a by-product of removing the head gasket?

it should be mentioned that the other cylinder in the picture is fine... the rockers move freely(after loosening them the same way) when they are not being pushed by the push rods from the engine rotating... please help!
ejm
Easy things first
Make sure the pushrods are seated properly in the lifters and rockers, then try swapping the pushrods and rockers with the cyl that seems OK.
Dave Blackburn
I think the push rods might have got caught on the side of the lifter insted of going into the center of the lifter.
It happened to me with one push rod, I just had to remove the rocker arms and center the push rod.
Dave
tat2dphreak
ok, I'll go check that... they seemed ok, but what do I know?! confused24.gif
tryan
run your index finger on one side of the pushrod and spin them into the lifter.
tat2dphreak
ok, that was it... the cam lifters weren't properly seated to the pushrods...

thanks for the help! now that side is done until I finish the other side and have to adjust the valves...

another minute victory... thanks to you guys! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.