Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: Vehicle advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
I have a line on a 2000 dodge caravan wagon. 103k miles. I am thinking of this as a work truck, for a bit. What trouble areas should I look for?
Rand
Minivan? I had a Caravan when my kids were young. Major oil burner that created embarrassing smoke screens when leaving a stoplight because of the valve guide problems they were prone to. Surely they solved that by 2000 though.
Mike Bellis
I had a 2000 Grand Caravan and loved it. Just make sure the recall work id done or you have it done.
thelogo
My step dad had one
Used it as a work vehicles
He put like a wood board in the back

Drove it to havasu , it was a good van

But automatic transmission is not my thing

Never left him stranded that i know about
Craigers17
Embarrassingly enough, I own two Caravans. I have a 98 model setup as a work truck like you are talking about. I can fit 10 foot sticks of conduit in it with no problem. Unfortunately, it has the 3.0 engine in it, which is basically a Mitsubishi engine. I've had my share of problems with the engine(s), but then again it has 259K on it.

My other one is a 2002...still runs like a champ. It has the 3.3 liter. I've driven many of these 3.3's, and I think they are very strong and reliable. I would definitely steer toward the 3.3 engine or the 3.8.

Just my personal opinion.

-Craig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.