Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing the air control slider mechanism
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
My airbox controller has not worked since I bought the car almost 8 year ago- has not ever been a priority but like a week ago when I got caught in the rain and the window fogged up, no air flow- its a pain-
- it shorts out and blows fuse when on any setting than the middle one- there is a bad spot on the board near slider connectors looks like it got hot and meldedthe surrounding plastic, found one that looks like new, yes ive tested the airbox its self in fact I have 3 of them and they all respond same to this mechanism-

I want to get this pulled and replaced with another unit before Okteenerfest next month. - ssssoooo- I know partly how its connected, so thenext step I guess is to disconnect the cables from the boxes, then just pull them thru the wall?

anyway if there is any other specifics please let me know.

Dr. Phil.
Matty900
Unclip the wires from mixing boxes and blower housing
Matty900
Here
Matty900
Had a hard time uploading pictures for you so here's a collage of them
Matty900
Clean all of your contacts and make sure your wires are intact
DRPHIL914
awesome thanks!
DRPHIL914
awesome thanks!
billh1963
You buy that new valance, yet?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 14 2017, 03:11 PM) *

no - not sure I like the look on the late car with fat bumpers- what do you think?
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 14 2017, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 14 2017, 03:11 PM) *

no - not sure I like the look on the late car with fat bumpers- what do you think?

I don't care for the look...
Matty900
This will be more helpful
Matty900
This will be more helpful
rgalla9146
There is a 6mm bolt at the back of the control assembly that has to be removed.
Also gently pry the chrome bezel off first.
Before reassembly, straighten each control wire and lube each thoroughly with light oil while working the wire back and forth. Check that the bulbs in the area all work.
Each wire is adjustable for full travel.
Be prepared, this is not a fun job.
falcor75
It helps if you take the passenger seat out and put a few folded up towels or thin mattress on the car floor so you can lay on your back inside the car and work under the dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.